1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What Hardware Should I Buy? - June 2009

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 2 Jun 2009.

1. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

I enjoyed it too, no need to think what works with what. Just look at the guide.

Bottom line, I think the most important thing is that you need traffic to this site. Doesn#t matter the criticism right?

More traffic=more revenue

2. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Right, and that is EXACTLY the kind of attidude Bit-Tech never had, and i hope never will get.
    This sir, is a community site of hardware enthousiasts, modders, and gamers, which is a niche-market by definition. let's not aim for the lowest common denominator, like every other piece of media in the world. Cheers!

3. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

OK - why not have the same bundle options from a "wide selection of e-tailers" that way you may help to drive down the price and improve the customer service....!

SCAN
    e-Buyer
    Overclockers

Or is this a Dennis the menace thing...?

4. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

That is a good option, but I think its hard for bit-tech to organise it with other e-tailers?

I bought half of the items stated here from Microdirect because its cheaper.

5. trig

trig god's little mistake

unfortunately, i think it is happening...:grr:

6. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

Instead of doing a gaming workhorse, power pc and budget pc, why not just have a selection of the top 5 products in each category with prices next to them and we can choose and build our system from that?

7. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

there will be a problem of compatibility if you do that

8. Xar

Xar What's a Dremel?

Slight Heatsink issue

I felt the need to register to respond to the Gaming Workhorse build this month.

I ordered (mostly from CCL but the "Buy all components" button gave me some random stuff so ordered individually) all the components and built the system last night, but wanted to mention that if you use the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R with the Quad Q9650 and the Titan Fenrir, the top mounting bracket for the Titan Fenrir actually interferes with one of the heatsinks on the motherboard.

This wasn't a huge issue as I THINK I was able to screw it in place tightly enough anyway, but haven't extensively checked yet. Thought it worth a mention as it isn't really an ideal combo for that reason (unless you're happy to take a pair of pliers to the top mounting).

Cheers

9. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Just wondering, when will we actually get a review of the HP LP2475W?

Think the hardware guide from the month before also said 'in the near future'. Any sign of it guys?

10. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

11. Carlos_will

Carlos_will What's a Dremel?

Hey Xar,

Could you please explain in further detail about the problem? As I am planning on purchasing one of those mobos and the titan fenrir, along with a q6600. Surely if you "took a pair of pliers to the top mounting", you would void the warranty ??

I really would like to go with the setup, but please could you outline further detailed info on this matter? I just don't want to void any warranties or anything.

You said you were able to screw it in place tightly enough anyway, but you haven't extensively checked yet... So how does tightening it in place enough avoid the problem with the top mounting bracket conflicting with one of the UD3R's heatsink? is it all okay?

Tags: Add Tags