1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable What interesting things can i do with an old HP Pocket PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gryphon, 26 Sep 2010.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

I bought it about 4 years ago, just as a gadget really... it was a cool thing to have at the time. Ever since its been sitting in its box, waiting to be put on ebay, but seeing as its worth practically nothing now, i was wondering if there was anything interesting i could do with it.

First thougts were using it as a sort or remote control for XBMC and gneral TV stuff, but afaik that won't work with the old windows mobile 2003 that it currently running.

I've had a look at installing a linux distro on it, but it looks a bit dodgy. Has anyone here tried doing this before? I would love to get something like andriod on it, but from a bit of googling, it seems i really don't know what i'm doing enough for that.

The ppc in question is a HP rx3700 with (iirc) ~200Mb memory and a 400MHz processor.

any ideas appreciated :)

2. Bing

Bing Every day is a learning day!

I used to have a Compaq Pocket PC with satnav software on until I replaced it with a proper Garmin unit.

After that, I used it for pocket gaming really. There's plenty of pocket pc software out there, homebrew or otherwise to keep you entertained for a few more years until it gives up the ghost.