1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics What is this 6800? Should I buy insted of a GT?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Davedude, 27 Oct 2004.

1. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322699

What is this? A failed Ultra? I am very confused, I have heard that they are failed ultras and are 12pipe? And I have also heard that evga was just testing the market so they put these out and they are ultras? Anyone have any info on it? Evga doesn't have it anywhere on thier site, but zipzoomfly is not the only company that sells it.

2. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

It is a NV40 core with only 12 pipes and slower clock speed

3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

that should be an 8 pipe part

6800LE - 8 pipe
    6800 - 12 pipe
    6800GT/U - 16 pipe

if you can afford it id suggest going for a GT, or at the very least a normal 6800

you would think that "limited edition" is a good thing, but unfortunately not
    its like the "SE" ATI cards, they sound good, but in reality they are the bottom end of the range

4. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

This is not a normal LE card, I was already aware out the 6800series (what you just said, thatnks anywayz tho). Ive heard from some people that htese cards actually **** with 16 pipes (not 12 like zipzzomfly sayZ). I also have heard that the orig cards shipped with 16 to get up hype for the card and then they moved to 12. Anyone have any more info on the card? Can I softmod to 16pipe easily or what? NEED INFO!

Tags: