1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays What is this damage to my screen?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ShakeyJake, 21 Dec 2020.

1. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Hi,

I have a Dell U4919 and I've just noticed what looks like a crack with backlight bleeding through it. There's no difference to the feel, so it's not the surface of the screen that's cracked, but there's definitely something wrong.

The picture makes it look much worse than it is. It only shows on blacks and isn't really noticeable under everyday use, especially as I have my taskbar on the bottom of my screen. I'm not really bothered about this as it stands because it really is tiny and not noticeable 95% of the time but it has made me nervous.

The most important question is: is it likely to get worse?
    Any idea what caused it? I really baby my stuff.
    Is there anything I need to do to 'manage' this?
    Can I fix it at all?

Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Might be a manufacturing defect or it just came into existence as it aged.

I think Dell have 3 years warranty? So for a '19 monitor it should be still in warranty.

When I claimed for my U2710 years ago, it was a direct swap. They send you one, then you put your old one in the box and send it back, very straight forward and zero downtime.

3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Agreed.
    I had a similar experience with one of my Dell monitors. Worth checking out and seeing if you can get a replacement. Especially as you say the damage appears to be internal. One advantage of Dells is their warranty procedure is relatively painless.