1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks What proxy??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Evilbob, 9 Mar 2002.

1. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

have been using analog x for a while, got an email from blueyonder saying i cannot use it because its insecure!! anyway can anyone reccommend a good proxy thats EASY to setup and can support games preferably

2. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

just dont bother setting one up, i dont with mine and everything works perfectly, BY havent sent me an email or anything about it, :D

3. RTT

RTT #parp

vivid you must use one :p

4. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

why do you need to use a proxy ?

are you talking about a webcache here, or some sort of internet connection sharing suite ?

5. Vertekal

Vertekal What's a Dremel?

I'm assuming that you used AnalogX's proxy for internet connection sharing. I used it for a bit, but it didn't have great support for AOL (my g/f uses aol a lot, so that was an important feature I needed).

I ended up getting a eval copy of Sygate's program to share my cable connection .. and ended up purchasing it.

I tried Win98's ICS, but for some reason it would cause my PC to lock up several times a night. I used Sygate for a few months, until I got the Linksys cable router.

Vert

6. pszaro

pszaro What's a Dremel?

Tags: