1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do in England

Discussion in 'General' started by chopsuwe, 12 Mar 2004.

1. chopsuwe

chopsuwe What's a Dremel?

Well I've decided to go and visit the "old country" in June. The plan is to fly into London on June 28, go straight to Birmingham and meet some relatives, then spend 3-5 July in London. It looks like we will have plenty to do in London. I figure 2 days will be plenty of time in Birmingham so I'm wondering what else to do there? Either in Birmingham itself or maybe a day trip form there.

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

you could give cadbury world a go.... get loads of chocolate free and stuff.... quite impressive... thats my knowledge of the birmingham area exhausted.... Could always pop up to Leeds for the day, theres loads to do here.....

3. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Camden Market whilst you're in london, perhaps?

4. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

There is always the new Birmingham Bullring that is worth a look :)

5. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

Spending July 4th in England? There should be a rule about that....

j/k :lol:

6. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

theres the bull ring, cadburys, loads of cinemas, loads of restaurants, and if it the weekend you could always go down broadstreet as it has some cool pubs / clubs and stuff.

the bullring is great :D

and if ur really board you could always come on over to mine :p

7. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

ok first the touristy places in brum

national sealife centre
    imax therter at millenium point (if its still open there were rumors of it closing down)

gas street basin and the rest of the cannel (only good in the summer its wonderfull to walk down the tow path in the nice shining sunlight with your beautifull blonde girlfriend next to you and then stop off at the bar halfway down the river for a bite to eat (that pub is now closed down and derilict now))

the bull ring

places near brum that may be of interest.

stratford (home of shakespere )

mary ardens house (shakesperes mums house)
    the shottery
    shakesperes birthplace
    i cant remember the name of the church its by the river in stratford is shakesperes last resting place.

also a nice stroll down the river avon is good in the summer also there are loads of good lookin college students in term time (19th april - 2 july) outside the RSC therter(sp?)

also the RSC gardens (note there will most likley be stoners from statford college in these gardens if you do see a stoner pretend like you dont know what they are doing)

other attractions in brum

the academy 1 + 2 there is a concert on every night of the week 7pm - 10pm (pay in advance) then on a friday night there is ramshakles (http://www.ramshackle.org.uk/)
    and on a saturday nite is subculture (http://www.subculturerocks.com/)
    if you like that sort of thing.

then next door is bar academy this gentrally place the same kind of music as the night you are going to. this is where most of the people hang out while there waiting for ramshackes or subculture to start. theres a quiet area downstairs with a bar and a pool table and a noisy area upstairs. (this is where i met avril lavigne after her concert last march (i baught her a drink :D) i didnt have a camera i was gutted.

then there is broad ST

theres the walkabout ( the australian bar ) i have never been there its supposed to be good

then theres risa now thats a good starting place for a drink while waiting for the clubs to open

you also have the rocket club (strip club )

stoodie bakers ( really **** place the venu is crap (it has a central bar with a dance floor on the 1 side of the room the other side is a semi rased platform with charis and tables on. then at the back of the room is the DJ box on the 1st floor overlookin the venu ( has good lookin dancers tho with hardly anything on) (note plays house and that kind of music or it did when i was there a few thursdays ago (spin night))

then theres the works opposit the UGC cimema now that is a multi room venu with loads of different music played dependant on the night and room you are in. last time i was there was valentines day and ric vourghn was Djing and some peeps from brmb (local radio station)

you also have flares ( 70's/80's bar/club thing)

theres also a few smaller less commercial clubs like snobs and eddies no8

you also got spearmint rhino on the hagley rd and legs 11 (cant remember where that is

now on to digbeth (5 min walk from the bull rink)

theres gods kitchen, the sanctury and the custard factory.

gods is basicly trance/house acid house hard house type music the venu is a really a nice open venu

ok im bored of writing that now. will add more wen i CBA

8. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

there should be a general rule about americans coming over here :p ;)

9. Hippo

Hippo Pre-dates 5.25" Floppies

Have a look at this for some more ideas on what to do in Birmingham. Maybe this site for London.

10. chopsuwe

But I went to the States last year. :sigh: Tell you what, pay for the air fare and I'll come over. :thumb:

11. chopsuwe

So I need to find a blonde girlfriend to take with me? Sweet as. I'll just go find one....by the way, know any nice single blondes?

I'm think touristy places will be more the order of things rather than bars/clubs.

Dad suggested a day trip up to Nottingham to have a look a the Robin Hood stuff. Would that be practical as day trip? How ling would it take to get there by train/coach?

12. RTT

RTT #parp

Go visit some National Trust places if you get the chance. :hip:

13. Carbon

Carbon Banned

i agree, the pull ring pwns...im their almost everyday ;)

*also*

someone thought they spotted me in town and email'd me ... lol (from this board)

14. chopsuwe

The plan is to see as many of the National Trust places as possable. I'm assuming that is the same as our Historic Places Trust, historic landmarks/buildings.

Any in particular that are good?

15. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

If your in Bham over the weekend, then definatly visit the Academy!! both nights theres a club on in there (Ramshackle & Subculture) from 10-2, (rock-indie-etc) also if you go to a gig before hand there you can get in free afterwards :) also if you find Birminghams boring, get train down to Wolvo, great night-life here, Blast off, Varsity, Corrosion, many many pubs, and cheekys on a friday - night life rules - M@

16. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

my favourite place in birmingham is PMT. I could spend all day in there.

(its a big music shop for those who don't know) sound control is good as well but PMT has to be seen!

17. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

I went there.
    Stupid pos
    drove 2 hours to get to the damn thing and it was bloody closed :(
    has a nice play in the snow in the car park though :D

18. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

hang on, your thing says you are in australia, 2 hours should be like a trip to the corner shop :D

19. Carbon

Carbon Banned

the good thing about cadburys world is you get LOADS of free samples from the production thingys ;) (or you did when i last went there)

20. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

australian chocolate tastes funny.

cadburys chocolate cant be amade in any other place other than bournville in brum. (sorry its that was it was till they went multinational and i dont like it oh well )