1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats It Like?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atanum141, 3 May 2006.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Lot of sensible advice there.... I'd listen. No matter what, there's always something that's just around teh corner. I may be tempted to wait and see how good AM2 is, as it's not far off, but if you are depsrate to upgrade, I'd not wait for Conroe. Just do it... No matter what you get it will depreciate as fast as used Daewoo Matiz anyway.

2. ashikamlani

ashikamlani What's a Dremel?

actually fiats depreciate the most, its been proven.

LOL

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Indeed, theres ALWAYS something just round the corner. DX10 won't be about for a bit so its probably best not to worry too much about that.
    AM2's probably not going to be a lot faster than 939 is currently, and the lack of "support" for low latencies might well hurt AMD.
    Conroe, well it looks pretty impressive but its deff worth waiting for "real world" reviews before deciding... It looks great for games (but so did dothan, and it was crap for 24/7) but remains to be seen what else.
    If you've got the money, upgrade. You can build a pretty decent rig from scratch for ~ 700 quid... OR just get an AGP 939 system, run your GT and do a "proper" upgrade when conroe/Am2/DX10 are properly launched

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Exactly.. I recently built a 939 system that wasn't bad spec for £250. Admitedly I was in Singapore at the time, and bought all the parts in Sim Lim Square, but it can be done on the cheap.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Yeah....decisions decisions......
    But i was really surprised at how far the technology has come, i mean its still the smoothness that gets me and compared to my AXp its a old dog incomparison.....playing GRAW really shows how long in the tooth this machine has got. Ill take Shadow_Fury's advice tho as what he said was true.

If a recent title like GRAW can slow down what i still consider a powerfull machine then its time to start getting serious about it.

I think first things first....hard drives. Im gonna order a pair of Hitachi's T7K250 250Gig drives to boost my space.

Then prob on to cpu/mobo combo.

But that still maybe be put back as AM2/Conroe is right on our doorstep.

EDIT: sorry i means shadow_fury

Last edited: 5 May 2006
  6. ToiletGamer

ToiletGamer What's a Dremel?

Shadow101? Anyway nice one, in a year or so you should have one hell of machine built up that capable of handling the latest games with ease.

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Funny thing is that with AM2 this month and conroe nxt month or so looks like i will wait but also its funny that my best mate gets 25% discount at PCWorld....so looks like the main parts will be retail bought.