1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, it's an MVNO but owned by the same parent company. I'm pretty sure it only exists so that they can offer cheap rolling deals without Three's existing customers kicking up a fuss.

Mr_Mistoffelees and IanW like this.
  2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

oh you ! so cynical

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Customer Service :wallbash:

All of you trying to get through to people and sort things have my immense sympathy.

1. Electricity supplier to one of my buildings at work has completely messed up the billing since fitting a 'smart' meter last September.

It is NOT sending readings back to them, so I am submitting them monthly as before - benefit of a smart meter is?
    They have set it up as a 2 rate Day/Night meter when it is a single rate meter
    They have billed me random pence per unit and per day standing charge amounts ever since. I am on a 2 year contract which worked fine until the meter was changed.
    Worse, they have put my direct debit down from £350 a month to £100, up to £690, then £965 and finally £1240 a month!
    I first complained in November 21, and sent photographic evidence of the meter readings as I record them on my phone monthly
    I have been credited and re-billed a number of times since.
    Apparently the case was closed in Feb 22 as they 'couldn't contact me' - so my phone numbers and email address on file aren't sufficient? Nor the postal address the send paper bills to?
    So, I started again a couple of months ago, and am still being mis billed, albeit mildly.
    They suspended the £1240 June DD as I have calculated I'm at least £2k in credit on the correctly billed usage. Today I had a email telling me the DD had failed after a number of attempts to collect the payment and I'd have to
    pay manually with a surcharge...
    The latest bill from last week was better, but still wrong. They re-billed from Jan, but not back to Sept.
    25 min wait to get through today and when I was put through said that I wanted it escalated to an official complaint.
    The guy went away and looked as he wasn't sure it was worthy, he came back and asked - how many times have you been asked to submit photographic evidence?
    I replied 4, and he said that's what I've seen, that is completely unacceptable going all the way back to November.
    I was issued a complaint reference number and passed straight onto the complaints department who understood the problems straight away.
    A confirmation email arrived 2 mins later, a good sign
    I now need to wait up to a month for it to be unpicked and sorted properly.

2. Had a crunch in my car on Tuesday, making it undriveable and claim was sorted fairly easily...initially.

Took 2hrs 20 on hold to get back to them later in the day and was told untrue stuff.
    Car should have been recovered FOC to location of my choice nearby.
    First attempt on the day messed up due to appalling communications.

Second attempt sorted yesterday at 4pm after summoning the insurer via live chat (link not obviously visible on insurer's site) on advice of the broker who admitted even they couldn't get through on the phone...
    This company has 1000+ reviews on Trustpilot, with 92% 1*
    I also read their in house repairer is slow and inefficient, so have chosen an independent repairer, leaving me with no courtesy car or 'warranty' on the repairs.
    I'd wager those warrantied repairs will be super expensive and inflated to bump premiums up.
    On inspection I've broken a lower wishbone, which is probably sacrificial; totally trashed a wheel and crumpled a front wing.
    So far there is no sign of chassis or gearbox damage

Aaaaaaaand breathe

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Arboreal My mum had a similar experience. Had a smart meter fitted after much faffing by all accounts, the company couldn't read it and she submitted readings.

Her bill started heading upwards up towards 2k a month. For a flat.

I double checked to make sure she wasn't coin mining :happy:

Think she may have finally sorted it but it was going on for about 6 months.

Arboreal likes this.
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My get up and go continues to have got up and gone... though that getting my pc working would at least spur me on to... do things... and it hasn't...

[​IMG]

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Driving home yesterday I was going at a very moderate speed, had just come off the phone saying the traffic was quite slow (Bluetooth in car). normal commute home from work, extremely familiar with the roads. There’s a bit of road that goes down a very steep incline onto a blind tight bend and back up a similar incline.

Only this time it had a new addition on the way home, a set of temporary traffic lights half way up the incline. No early warnings at all, no queuing on a blind bend signs. so at the blind bend I’m met with a series of red brake lights… smash the brakes and I know I'm not making it. Spin the wheel quickly and at the last second my bonnet just missing the Picasso. I’m now in line with the pillar between driver and rear passenger, this isn’t good… I’d also span onto oncoming traffic (had it been there)

Absolutely mortified, Had I not span the wheel at that second I could have seriously injured someone. Unbelievably fortunate I didn’t spin onto oncoming traffic. At the red lights and I’m expecting a bollocking from someone… nothing. They’d seen it but it didn’t phase them. I thought someone would come smashing down my windscreen..

Went home really shook up, told my partner about it all. first time in 11 years I’d come so close to a collision. Got to me fault… Had absolutely no warning, felt I couldn’t have done anything but felt equally irresponsible. I’d told myself I couldn’t do anything but felt so incredibly guilty..

This morning I was very late for work, someone had an accident on the exact same stretch of road. Needed an air ambulance and multiple emergency services. On my return home there was a fresh patch of tarmac in the exact position I’d had to stop. This time high way maintenance had finally put up “queuing on blind bend” and traffic lights signs….

Facebook news reports showed unbelievable complaints of the same issue, no signs, blind bend and unsafe practice. I’d just assumed it was me….

Sounds like this driver isn’t going to make it… a few signs could have prevented this.

Last edited: 17 Jun 2022
  7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Christ, you'll be thinking about that for a while, no doubt.

8. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Had to say goodbye to Honey, our last remaining 10 year old Rabbit yesterday. She was fine the day before but overnight her Digestive tract stopped working (very serious for Rabbits). Got an emergency appointment with the vets but there was nothing that could be done (technically surgery might have been possible had she been younger but at her age the shock would have been too much).

15 years we have had house rabbits and now we have none.

I was doing somewhat ok until I did my usual of setting out an extra bowl of cornflakes for her.... oh... :sad::sad:

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Positive for covid. First time ever, woke up feeling pretty awful. Feel like someone’s poured concrete into my lungs

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Aww sorry man.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah it's making a comeback from what I hear, with the jubbly being a super way to pass it around.

12. mi1ez

mi1ez Minimodder

Sorry to hear that. We lost one a couple of years back to stasis too, it just happens so fast.

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

The hay fever has found me. It generally takes a very high level of grass pollen to kick me off (which is exactly what is going on here now), but now I have the "joy" of any little bit giving me trouble until the grass pollen season is over, and the forecast for the next 3 days is also very high... Just what I need when I am back in the office this week.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Some thing here, been on the antihistamines for a week.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I was absolutely fine for the last couple of years, I guess not going anywhere and wearing a mask on the odd occasion that I did helped in other ways... So I didn't bring any medication with me to the office today, but I shall be dosing up good n proper tonight and tomorrow, that is for sure.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

You've just reminded me I've not taken one this morning, I'd best do so as I've been really snotty and sneezy these last few days, mostly in the evenings?

Almightyrastus likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Ripping a line of speed off a sh**-encrusted bog

Being on call.

Roll on Friday @ 1400 when I switch over to second-line and some other poor sucker can take over first-line.

18. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I've been working at Wrexham covering the site there for the past few weeks and am back at Oldbury this week. First thing was to find out what's making a new noise in the server room so look at stuff and cup my ear to eventually discover it's one of the huge UPS's making the continuous noise, then just as I'm wandering to look at the front of it, what sounds like the complete rack of servers to the right reboot as a load of fans kick in at full thrust. Then the whole site alarm went off.
    Everything came back bar the ESXi server hosting all of the VMs and after a quick check, that was back on and all the servers were reachable. Took a little while but got there. Not the welcome I was after! And after a particularly bad cat-disturbed partial nights sleep I was a right old grump first thing.

19. Byron C

Byron C Ripping a line of speed off a sh**-encrusted bog

0220 call-out, bay-bee. I love being woken up to fix recalcitrant backups...

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

lay back and think of the money?