1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Ours was chopped after it came out of the external wall box. Ours splits into the TV feed downstairs and the internet feed up to the little bedroom where I have all my pc bits. He was using a set of hedge clippers to do what should have been done with a strimmer. Fething cowboy, he will not be coming back for the rest of the work

2. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Same for mine in some plastic ducting tube, it’s green if that makes any difference, supposedly to blend into the garden

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Kinda glad I'm in a non-cable town. My FTTP fibre is strung overhead from the telephone pole, alongside my now-defunct POTS line (The installer said he'd been ordered to leave the POTS line in, for reasons).

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wouldn't surprise me if it's for no other reason than to have something stronger than a thin glass fibre to hang off...

IanW likes this.
  5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

We are all back up and running, The Virgin guy didn't need to put in a whole new cable, thankfully. He just put a splice into the cable where it was cut:

[​IMG]

Thankfully, it wasn't the feed from the street, it was one of the two connections that we have coming out of the distribution box. It just happened to be the one that really mattered, as in the one that goes upstairs to the internet hub. Took him about 10 minutes to sort out and test and we are back up to 132/23 speeds. No charge for it either which is nice.

Pete J, IanW and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Some pollen or other airborne nonsense is reacting with my skin so I've come out in hives only on my face and really raw skin on my eyelids.

7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

No one will notice because you're so ugly, anyway. That face could turn milk sour.

legoman, IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

A petition needs to be launched to rename the 'AVERAGE' function in Excel to 'MEAN'. It pisses me right off.

IanW and adidan like this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Take a poll.

If the average is in favour I'll sign it.

David, Goatee, Pete J and 1 other person like this.
  10. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

My home situation.

Anyone been through a separation with kids before that they have orchestrated? It’s a mine field and I don’t know where to begin but needs must.

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've got all three coming into the house!

Frankly I'm a bit annoyed that they ran the fibre in overhead, alongside the PSTN it's messy looking.

12. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Went to pick up my wife from work yesterday and realised I could see a small amount of steel wire in my front tyres. WHen it was serviced recently was told they were needing replaced but would last the weeks until it's MOT was due but apparently not!
    Decided to risk the journey (20 miles each way), more steel viewable by the time we got back, didn't want to risk it again this morning so she took a taxi for a mere £60!!! Now to find out how much it'll cost to get them replaced today...

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Cheaper than 3 points & £2500 per tyre + insurance loading

IanW and GeorgeStorm like this.
  14. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Yes, apply for a Specific Issues Order. It outlines care of the children, who has them on certain days etc

Once granted and you can show that the SPI order isn’t being stuck too, you can then upgrade it to apply for full custody.

Depending on the ages of the children, you may require a cafcass report, and they’ll most likely make you pay and attempt mediation.

Get your name down as main contact at schools, register them at your doctors, you’ll need a full birth certificate to do so.

Anything else, send me a message. I had to go through all this many years ago, it was long, expensive and emotionally and mentally draining.

andrew8200m and Pete J like this.
  15. borucrew

borucrew What's a Dremel?

I would instantly change the mechanic that told you it was a good idea to continue using tyres with steel wires sticking out

IanW and Pete J like this.
  16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yup that was my thinking!
    That's a poor explanation by me, they weren't visible till yesterday, he just meant that the tread was very low and they needed replacing soon.

Avon Z7s or something, only lasted a bit over a year which concerns me that maybe I've started driving like an idiot in the past year or something but ah well. Rang a local place this morning and will hopefully have a new pair of tyres this afternoon.

Arboreal, IanW and Pete J like this.
  17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Get your alignment done properly, on a Hunter.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Just sign it already. Don't be mean.

adidan and Pete J like this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Bloody_Pete and David like this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:hehe::hehe::hehe: