1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Strained back, sciatica, a ruined farm due to storm damage, escaped deer, more lumber than I can shake an axe at, slow venison sales and a million and one things to do... At least I'll be outdoors plenty this summer chopping wood! :D

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Wa-wa-wa-wait. You have a VENISON FARM? Holy hell you are my new personal hero. Shed hunting must be awesome there! (Shed hunting, if it isn't a thing there, is a practice where we go out and gather as many shed antlers as we can, some for decoration, for myself because I make so much stuff from them.) If I were only local to you...

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Correct.

Wasn't as huge a nightmare as I thought it would be, one slight panic when the torx rounded (why do car makers use these shitty things?) but managed to get it out in the end.

Just need a 8mm spanner to bleed the brakes and I am done.

TBH its been a solid car, just the two things that these cars are prone to have gone within a few weeks and added to the fact garages messed me about diagnosing a very simple problem I did it myself.

Not enjoyable though!

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Been trying to find a job since October. I got a bit lazy in December, but back at it since the new year. No interviews or anything. It's rather frustrating when you search for internships or junior / entry level positions and they require 1-3 years of experience.

The other issue is there are a lot of opportunities that are strictly co-op, so unless you're a student, you're out of luck. Trying to remain positive but it isn't very fun. I may still be being picky, as I want something to really start my "career" so to speak, but I think I'll have to pick up a crappy part-time job just to get some income.

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Get a rubbishy part time job, or even a full time job. Gaps on your CV are bad. And try to stay positive - easier said than done I know.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Yea, I had to stop working in September 2011 for health reasons, so I already have a gap from then on. I can use the excuse of I wanted to focus on university for my 3rd and 4th year though.

7. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

So sick of two-faced, backstabbers that don't give a crap about my or anyone else's feelings.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The car that me and my dad bought to get us to and from work, is not quite working out and to be honest it's looking like we are going to have to get rid of it.

The fuel usage is a joke, getting roughly 60 miles out of a quater of a tank without going above 60mph.

Had it looked at by a mate of mine who is a mechanic and he said there is nothing wrong with it.

Next car will not be a Ford Mondeo unless it's a brand new one with a eco engine in it.

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What car is it?

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

2004 Ford Mondeo LX 1.8 Petrol.

Everything seems to suggest that it should be getting between 35mpg to 40 mpg.

12. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Im guessing one with a wheezy thirsty zetec of some description :p

My folks have one and it is also a 1.8, its pretty piss poor on fuel.

Tho less than 300 miles from a tank is a bit mad.

Fill the tank then clock the miles up till you refill, can work mpg out exactly then.

13. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I currently have flu, so I am having to stay at home from work, where I work has a pretty much zero tolerance approach to sickness and I will be getting a written warning for it.

Just a cog in the machine :(

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I filled up on Thursday night with a full tank.

Drove home from the petrol station which is about 0.5 miles.

Drove to work the next day, at 60mph as that is all I could do on the motorway because it was busy grand total of 16 miles.

Drove home from work at 60mph again because that is all I could do, but I did have to drop 2 people off at there homes as well, grand total for that was 41 miles.

Drove yesterday to a car boot and back home which was 12 miles.

Drove to work this morning at 60mph another 16 miles.

Grand Total 85.5 miles.

The fuel gauge now is sat half way between full and three quarters and the trip computer is saying around 250 miles left in the tank, whilst hitting 31mpg.

Not looking good as it cost's £65 to fill it full and going by this I will be filling it up every week just to drive 150 miles a week.

15. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

With the type of driving you are doing 35-40 is what you'd get from something brand new with a state of the art small turbo (source: Giuletta 1.4 multiair, Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost). You'll get 25-30 tops for a 1.8 mondeo. You might get close to 35mpg at a steady 60 on a flat road with no braking/accel and no hills, but not in regular driving.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Having moved into the oily world of the turbodiesel a couple of years ago, it'd take a pretty special petrol (or unlimited money) for me to move back again.

The throttle response might be crap, but the torque you get from even a relatively modest output coupled with the economy just feels so much better to me.

17. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

If that's their attitude towards the well being of their staff then go in and spread that **** around.

18. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

My older sister works for Sainsburys- they have a very similar, shitty attitude towards sickness- only allowed 3 sick days a year & then you start getting warnings. If that isn't illegal then I'll be fecked...

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

3 days? that's ********

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

3 days was also the rule at Apple... booking holiday time was also nigh impossible... and, if you were lucky you'd get days notice of what your upcoming shifts were gonna be... but quite often it was hours... people turning up for a 7:55 start to find out they weren't due to start 'til 11:30, or weren't due to be in at all that day wasn't an uncommon occurrence...

... not getting paid was a depressingly common occurrence too ...