1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you work?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr-Neon, 17 Mar 2005.

1. ajack

ajack rox

Waiter in local restaurant :(

2. WormSnot

WormSnot What's a Dremel?

I work as a Graphic Designer for The Canadian Military.
    not as great as it first sounded where I'm based ATM. I pretty much make posters for base events and certificates of achievment. Hopefully doing training videos and motion graphics in a few months though, that should perk things up.
    I'm just happy I'm a civillian still though.

3. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I'm a Technical Administrator for one of the countries largest Pre-Packed Pork Product suppliers in the country. Most of the Supermarket staff here have more than likely scanned some of our products without knowing it :D

4. Dr-Neon

Dr-Neon What's a Dremel?

ok, so what is the difference of software engineering and computer programmer? :miffed: :D

5. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Gas Station... a good $50 can get me something. I hope :worried:

6. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

About 10k a year... :D

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

"Unemployed" in the traditional sense of a biweekly pay-out, but am still employed through other means. I'm the web admin for two sites, a web designer for one of the sites, a graphic's designer, I do a lot of freelance work for charities, I also go and make impressions at big corporations for said charities, some semi-pro photography for an upcoming magazine, a small computer repair/sales store (mobile at the moment), and the occasional job working on a bike. Unfortunately, none of these things pays me enough to actually afford my life style, so I'm still in search of a normal job.

I've got tons of experience, training, and know-how for most anything, yet I can't even get a job interview at McDonalds :wallbash:

8. DeathAwaitsU

DeathAwaitsU I'm Back :D

Didn't you know McDonalds are scared of intelligence (sp*) :hehe: .

Death

9. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I'm starting to think that... When I go around handing out resume's I'm dressed in a full business suit and trench coat with a black folder under one arm... I'm not sure what people are thinking when I drop off a resume dressed like that in a place like McDonalds... Must be a funny sight in either case.

10. Springs

Springs Boing boing

lol thats something like KFC round here... dont hire you unless your black/asian sort of person... most of them are foreigners who you cant undestand at all :(

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Meh, why not? Configuration Management for the International Space Station Program at NASA.

Instead of money, they gave me a title ;)

I'm currently working on moving over to the imagery side of things, because I hate being out of my chosen field!

-monkey

12. Dr-Neon

Dr-Neon What's a Dremel?

I hate working Mcdonalds or KFC, infact I hate working all restuarant but I do like eat their food ya'know :p
    It makes you feel down ya'know whereas if you're working somewhere like Game or PCWorld, you feel like the man :hip:

I think engineering and programming is same...

13. Springs

Springs Boing boing

true.... but what do you get at Mc D's and KFC??? left overs from the day... :(

where as Game/PC world you have acces to the latest games/hardware :D

14. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

I'm a lubrication technician... in other words... i change oil on cars, yah its sorta sucks but its easy and i get a paycheck out of it. Will hold me over til i start college in the fall.

15. Pelihirmu

Pelihirmu What's a Dremel?

I'm 17-years-old so I'm high school student. I don't now for sure what I'm goint to do after high school, but I think I'm going to study IT and grafics.

16. Mombassaa

Mombassaa What's a Dremel?

im a bricklayer for a local building company :thumb:

17. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Front line IT Support in a University for 300 researchers/postgrads, and the schools staff too. Just over 1300 computers at last years audit.

18. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Tesco wanderer... i walk..sometimes shuffle around the store and site to do little things here and there.

Paid stupidly high for a stupidly simple job... makes being a student comfy

19. spudevo

spudevo What's a Dremel?

i work for a big company over in the usa called emerson. they brought the compnay i work for which is called control techniques which build acd/dc drivers. also i have my own bussiness selling/builling computers and my own forum and web site (got hacked few days ago)

20. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Working at co-op at the moment. Trying to do as little as possible for sum beer money. Took 2 hours to stick some lables onto a freezer today. :rock: :rock: