1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which gpu for around £300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Freedom, 10 Nov 2020.

1. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

I've got around £300 to drop ona new GPU. Mainly wanted for sim racing but really my tastes are pretty broad.

Only done a quick bit of research but tbh I'm lost.

Also not sure if I'm worth holding off till the new AMD And Navida offering are actually more available, I can easily wait.

2. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

What are you running at the moment?

I'd say look at the 2060 but that was launched at something like £330 18 months ago so represents less good value now as AMD and Nvidia have just released their next flagship cards. AMD appears to be the better bet this time round (albeit reviews are yet to land) so you may want to wait for a 6600XT or similar, although that might not be until the spring.

Even the second hand market remains buoyant as supply of the new cards is limited so not massive bargains to be had there at the moment.

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Give it a week or three until the new cards start seeping through - you'll likely pick up a bargain

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Grab a 1080 or 1080i second hand, they'll be around that kind of money and will probably be your best option!

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

1080 Ti - more VRAM :thumb: