1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Which keyboard people?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coolamasta, 22 Sep 2009.

1. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Have about £50-60 to spend on a new keyboard, have narrowed it down to these 2, which one do you think for every day computing and gaming?
    Anyone used either of them that can share their opinion?

The Razor looks better/slicker but the Logitech has cool functions and a screen, Hmmmm....

Logitech G15 New Rev.2
    [​IMG]

Razer Lycosa "Unstoppable"
    [​IMG]

2. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

I have the Lycosa and its amazing. I haven't tried the G15 but heard a lot of good stuff about it, what turns me off about the G15 is it doesn't look too me, I like the sleek design of the Lycosa and its matches my computer like it were built for each other.

You cant go wrong with either of them.

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I have the G15 and wouldnt change it for anything! The razer board looks awesome as well though. Whatever you decide im sure you wont be dissapointed.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Out of those two, the G15. They're both nice, but the keys on the Lycosa are a little loud, and they can be be hard to see in some lighting conditions, especially if you have the backlighting off.

However, I prefer low profile keys and don't really care for the screen/macro keys, so I have one of these:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't discount it, even though it's not a gaming branded keyboard, as the backlighting is better than the G15 or Lycosa and, for me at least, is much nicer to type on and use for general day-to-day stuff.

5. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Would have been helpful to know what keyboard that is :p

As it happens its quite nice.

Back to the OP question; my personal preference lies with the Lycosa, if only because it is so pretty. Also, ask yourself; how much would you use the screen on the Logitech?

6. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

out of them two i'd pick logitech, what do you think about enermax aurora ? ;)

7. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

The logitech looks very good, loads of features. But it looks very hectic, I dunno about you but the screen looks a blatant gimmick to me and it all looks a bit hectic.

The lycosa looks stunning and simple and seems to have all the necessary keys - Media etc. How many keys could you possibly need???

The enermax aurora is quite good, lots of ports (headphone, microphone, USB) and for £50 not bad pricing.

I'd go with the lycosa - something to show off - looks stunning.

8. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I have the g15 and I do like it, although i wish i had rev 1. The screen is useful but don't expect every game to work with it.

I would choose the g15 over the razer because I am not fussed about what a keyboard looks but how useful it is.

9. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I'd choose the G15 of the two, but I'd go with the illuminated keyboard as well, I have a Ultra X Slim and it's just perfect, for everything, minus the lack of backlight

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

lycosa all the way, its sexy without looking too "133t" or whatever.

a word of advice though, many people say its hard to see the keys in daylight

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have the older version of the G15 and wouldn't change it for anything. Very easy to set the macro's as well and I use them for photoshop as I have a gamepad for gaming

12. SH4D0WM4NZ

SH4D0WM4NZ What's a Dremel?

I have both of the keyboards and i would never say a bad word about Mr G15, rev.2 are alot better then Rev.0 (blue). The razor is a little poor for me, i think it is down to the laptop style keys, i find myself pressing the wrong keys (two at a time).

G15 / used G19 id say.