1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which mATX motherboard for gaming/overclocking?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fused, 19 Feb 2008.

1. Fused

Fused Minimodder

Trying to plan out my new lan/portable gaming pc and I can't seem to find the right motherboard. Ive lost all the views I previously read on mATX (although were alot on HTPC usage). I plan to use a s775 core 2 (mostly likely a duo) and a modest watercooling loop (for cpu only) so I obviously intend to overclock the processor so a motherboard capable of doing such is preffered. That means all else I need is a pci-e 16x slot and a pci slot for graphics. No plans (nor money for sli or anything silly like that). Ill try and have a look myself tomorrow for some. But I need sleep now!

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

so wrong there friend!

the asus isn't the only good board out there!

Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD
    Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R

personally id go with the gigabyte G33 above as it has a intel chipset, and iv heard of peeps hitting 4GHz with there Quads on that board!

DFI are ment to be releasing some serious mATX boards soon aswell!

4. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Ummm, both of those have the G33 chipset... :)

5. Fused

Fused Minimodder

I dont know much about all the various chipsets as my only recent build has used the nvidia 680i (for the dream of sli one day). But anyway is there much difference between g33 and g35?. I would naturally assume the g35 is better but is it in any significant way?

6. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing by the fact that you said that you needed a x16 PCI-E slot that you won't be using the integrated gfx anyway?
    I should have an abit I-N73HD arriving by the weekend for testing (I've seen reports that eVGA's similar 630i mobo overclocks well).

7. Fused

Fused Minimodder

Yeah, I will (when I find the money somehow) have a 8800 gt/gts in there so no intergrated graphics needed. My own search only seem to be turning up HTPC mATX mobos anyway.