1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Which monitor to get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rainbowbridge, 17 Dec 2013.

1. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Console controller. Although I can generally find keys on a keyboard blind and how often do you look at the keyboard when playing so its still an option.

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

That's my concern with the Rift. Some games do require complex keyboard setups that can't be mapped to a controller or operated by touch-type.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I don't actually know! That would be an awesome setup though, and wouldn't require a squillion titans to run.

Generally, I find if I'm playing a game that requires me to look at the keyboard, I'm dead by the time I look up again, thus I don't think I ever look at the keyboard while gaming.

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

After a bit of thought, I've decided that I glance down at the keyboard a lot more often than I initially believed. It's only a wee flick of the eyes down every so often, especially when using number keys or F-keys or keys towards the right side of the keyboard.

I'd imagine that if you were using a flight stick and had to use the keyboard as well (as I'm sure that there will be some controls that can't all be mapped to the stick controls) then it's going to be extremely tricky to go from stick to keyboard without being able to see where your hands are going.

As Cei says, some games can't be played with two hands on the keyboard in a touch-typist fashion, so I'm not sure how using the OR will work in these cases.

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I still don't really understand how games will work.
    If you use the Oculus Rift to look around in say a FPS game, how do you do a 180?

Only people I know who've tried it says it's really cool, but none of them made it sound like a genuine alternative/replacement for the current setup.

6. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

I am building up to the fact for some reason I am really wanting to try a 29incher and the Asus PB298Q has my eye...

Does anyone have any views on this? I have looked for some reviews and nothing much out there at the moment...

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2014 will be 4K/WQHD year. ;) We've potentially got some **** hot announcements in the 1H I can't wait for - just waiting on the panel negotiations. :rock: I'm still tempted to get a VG248Q + G-Sync kit to tide me over though.

BennieboyUK: PB displays are upgraded MX's: more inputs, more "business" design (MX299 is far sexier tbh) and a better panel for pro/sumer work. The MX299 is still IPS quality though.

8. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?

Keep an Eye on our post - Huge Monitor Sale starting soon

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I'm awaiting 4k, proper high end stuff from Eizo and NEC. Mind you... with the Dell U2413H and U2713H being hardware programmable, maybe the big two's domination of the high end is being challenged.

10. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?