1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Which Motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AxelAraatus, 3 Dec 2011.

1. AxelAraatus

AxelAraatus What's a Dremel?

Hello Bit-tech, I have recently built myself a computer out of some parts I have purchased and others donated by a friend. Here are some of the components I have at the moment:

Intel i5-2500k
    2 x 2gb DDR3 RAM - Corsair
    500w OCZ PSU
    Asus P8H61-I Motherboard
    HD 4890

I would like to get a new motherboard but I do not know which one as I am relatively new to this. I am looking to upgrade the HD 4890 to a GTX 560 ti and understand that I would need a new power supply also.

What are your recomendations? My price range is somewhere between £60 - £90.

Thank you for your time.

2. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

hey there,

Can't help you in terms of motherboards exactly, as I'm in the same boat as you - seeking info on sandy bridge motherboards. But was just going to say that you wouldn't necessarily need a new power supply, not if you are referring to the wattage. Most systems use far less power than people think and depending on the model and assuming you have the necessary connectors then you should be fine on that power supply for now.

g

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?