1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which was your first FPS game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ou7blaze, 17 May 2004.

1. Tidy_Sammy

Tidy_Sammy What's a Dremel?

Unreal Tournament (GOTY) :D

2. oshta

oshta Guest

- First and only :rock:

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Doom tbh :D

4. Twunka

Twunka What's a Dremel?

my real first FPS was "BLAKE STONE" omg that game ruled to the max i still love the idea of the air pistol ruled other than that my first serious online game was Solder of fortune 2 that game ruled aswell

5. GMan

GMan Minimodder

My first was Doom, then Duke Nukem 3D, however I did wish that Lesuire Suit Larry had a gun...Does that count? :D Played that sucker on an actual IBM Model 3270 PC, no hard disks just two 5 inch floppy drives.

6. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

Wolf3D and ROTT, my m8 used to get all the games but his machine was too crappy to play them, mine wasnt tho (ph34r the Pentium Pro with 128mb of ram :eeek: :eeek: ) :D
    first FPS i played properly was Quake II tho
    first fps i played online was RTCW :)

7. Zero82z

Zero82z What's a Dremel?

Doom, then Wolfenstein 3D, then Half-Life, which led to online TFC, and eventually Counter-Strike. Of course, I've played many more FPS's, but there are just too many to remember.

8. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Was gonna say Duke Nukem but I just remembered when I was in the us when I was 11, I could remember playing a game and couldn't think what it was. Figured out what it was and why I thought it was so good at the time... It was Doom :D

9. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

^

10. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

wolfenstein 3d is The first game i played regarding fps.
    Doom 1,2
    Rise of the triad
    Duke nukem 3d
    Quake 1,2

That's like the magical list of games,

11. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Delta force 1 :D

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

i remember when i had my first computer and bought one of my first games from UK from one store in london which i forgot the name of :rolleyes: .

The game was command and conquer something, not red alaert 1 the other one probably the one u're mentioning with like all the expansions cd's, i loved the game soooooo much it was just soooo goood, the music, missions...

until i found out red alert 1 :D

thenm half life and cs came and i fell on the bandwagon :blah:

13. B.Psycho8

B.Psycho8 What's a Dremel?

haha DIABLO II classic of course! (not FPS but o well :cooldude:) that game was SO addicting. It was like a whole new world, with an economy, rich people, poor people, duels, pvp, pvm, prepatch items, godly legit items, god i could go on forever i wasted 4 years of my life breathing and sleeping diablo II. that is untill blizzard released the 1.10 patch (maybe it was for the better :D) and screwed up the game!

14. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Quake II

:rock:

ch424

15. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

Doom, Quake, Quake II and one noone has mentioned

N64 Goldeneye?! - one of the best! :thumb:

16. JavaBoy389

JavaBoy389 What's a Dremel?

my 1st fps was duck hunt (i dont know if that counts)

17. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

Wolfenstein 3D. Then afterwords I got into Doom, Doom II, Rise of the Triad, Duke Nukem 3D, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight. The latter two being the best of them all in my opinion.

18. zero002021

zero002021 What's a Dremel?

The first FPS I ever played was probably either Doom or Duke Nukem 3D.
    The first FPS that had me addicited and playing non-stop was Goldeneye 007.

Even with all those games, Unreal Tournament for the PC is the game that really got me into first-person shooters. Up until I had played UT, I had never really realized how great an FPS could be. I still play UT nowadays, along with its sequal UT2K4. :thumb:

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Heh yeah 1.10 sucks, but then again so did classic. lod all the way. I think I stopped about a day after my friend botted a windy before me (but he never botted to level 99)... SOJ!!! I think of all the fifty trillion sojs I had I popped one, maybe two of them. I popped more stormshields and other high uniques than SOJs. Even a couple legit 40/15s lol. Saddest part is that I even half-tried to set up a D2LOD 1.09d server at my house just to screw around with (because I can't bot on single player mainly)

on topic...

My first was Wolf3d. Well duckhunt if you will but I wouldn't really call that FPS but a few others mentioned it. Several other DOS games but none were FPS. Then CS (I still don't think I can beat the intro level but I was pretty good for a while), UT2004, a little Farcry and then some doom3. And plenty of other non-FPS games. I haven't been playing a whole lot recently... my 9600pro not coping with doom3 at all kinda put me off gaming somewhat (because I can't find an x800xt in stock, companies suck at responding to sales inquiries and my tax rebate check for $400 STILL hasn't come but when it does prices may have dropped a bit and it'll pay for the card :D )

20. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Goldeneye on the N64 was my first taste of FPS games. Can't remember the FPS I played on a PC.

Tags: