1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning White backlit LCD + orange plexi = ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by razerz, 2 Aug 2009.

1. razerz

razerz What's a Dremel?

Hello all! I just registered here (after some years of lurking) as I am beginning to salvage parts and drawing up concepts for a scratch-built computer case. And of course I would like to include a display for showing temperature and such. You know the deal I assume :)
    I stumbled across these two items on ebay: blue USB LCD and white LCD, and I thought about purchasing both of them and then desolder the blue lcd and in its place put the white lcd.
    And there comes the question: Do you think the white lcd would look good enough (read : look orange enough) when put behind a piece of orange plexi?
    (And here's the WIP of the concept so far, if it is of interest to anyone :))

2. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Wow quad rad. You should be able to swap out the LEDs in the LCD to get the colour you want. Ask anyone who's modded a G15, the screen is practically the same thing. Orange plexi should be ok, although I'd be worried about it looking brown.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The LCD color should be changed by the plexi color.

4. razerz

razerz What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your help, I have ordered the displays, and will see if I can change the color in some way. Otherwise I will probably find some other use for them