1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why are my voltages droping like this??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by masterjosh, 15 Sep 2004.

1. masterjosh

masterjosh What's a Dremel?

Hi, my name is josh and im kinda new around here to the posting but ive been reading a lot before i joined. My reason for this post is that my computer was starting to get all messed up. My screen would just turn all funky colors. i had no clue why, until today when i looked at my voltages. My 3.3 volt was at 2.8...... I know that is pretty damn low. Any reason why this is happening?? And anything i can do to fix it other than buy a new psu, as i dont really have the money to do so right now?

My 12v rail drops down to around 10.sumthin. but it is high in the tens, but i still dont get why this is happening. Any info would be more than welcome. Thanks Josh

2. Mr. Red

Mr. Red Minimodder

Howdy! What are your system specs? I had the exact same problem with one of my computers. I THINK my problem was that i was using a cheap power supply and I was overworking it (running way to many devices) causing it to fail.

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Make sure your VGA cable is in nice and tight, a loose cable can cause the screen to be displayed in wrong colors.