1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Why braid?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by abezors, 3 May 2010.

1. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

I am totally in favour of cable braiding, since it gives mods that extra touch. I understand doing SATA, fan cables etc, but what about PSUs? Since pretty much all (decent branded) PSUs come with wires already factory sleeved, is DIY braiding worth doing if it comes already sleeved? I assume a custom colour scheme is a reason, likewise some factory sleeved cables don't cover right up to the plugs. But otherwise, if you had a PSU with decent (black?) sleeving already, is it really worth undoing that to do all again yourself?

I have failed to find any answers so far (only guides and how-to).

Also, there seems to be no definition of braid as opposed to sleeve. All topics I've looked at use the 2 words interchangeably - does braiding=sleeving or are there differences?

Thanks for your answers :thumb:

2. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

typically, the sleeving that comes as standard is crap. You can get a much better look from 3rd part sleeving.

3. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

Ha, okay sounds about right :p Thanks for that answer. I do agree, the fabric sleeving I've seen on some mods looks incredible vs the weak plastic standard sleeve.