1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is BiT...

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by howesey, 6 Jan 2003.

1. howesey

howesey What's a Dremel?

Delete and Close Thread trigger happy?

2. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

who know?? ive had a couple of threads closed, they say i was trying 2 get hits 2 me website, they dont seen 2 like that:nono:

3. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

[​IMG]

More seriously, how exactly are we trigger happy? The number of closed threads is minimal, and when they are closed by and large a valid reason is given.

BTW this should probably be in the feedback forum so I'll move it there so one of the staff or admin can answer it more adequately ;)

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

It's hardly trigger happy, seeing as we have over 4000 members and we've still not had to resort to some of the harsh tactics of other sites, I think people do pretty well here.

Sometimes people are a little gung ho, but it will have been discussed in the mods room before anything is done. If anything the only person who does it without asking is me and maybe a couple of the other admins.. usually that's only because the post has been so wildly stupid that it deserved it.

As for your post Pranks7er, it's about people jumping on the back of a successful forum to get hits of their own.. people are more likely to come to your site if you're a well respected forum member than if you just pimp for hits.

Please remember as well that if you're not happy with a Mods or Admins decision you're more than welcome to mail rtt@bit-tech.net and raise it with him. We're not ogres.

5. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I entirely agree with KNA, Bit is not "trigger-happy" at all, I've only ever seen threads closed which are frankly spam (or offensive). I think I've only ever had one of my threads closed :D The mods always have a good reason for closing threads.

So lay off! :D

6. RTT

RTT #parp

I/we only close threads that need closing. If we didn't, then the place would run riot, and be generally unpleasant.

You've obviously never moderated a large forum!

No-one's making you post here :)

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

*border line* threads are always discussed in the private forum before closing :)