1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Why is hardware so crap these days?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 19 Mar 2016.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Well it seems sod's law applies here, because the Razer Boomslang '07 has mapped itself properly in Windows 10 and seems to be working flawlessly.

I highly doubt it was any of Razer's doing, because when it originally went to pot in Windows 8 I contacted them asking if they were going to be making a new driver for it and they sent me back their usual response which was "Is the mouse in warranty? if it is contact the retailer you bought it from".

This is their usual response when you ask them a question it seems.

2. stephen0205

stephen0205 Minimodder

dont get me wrong some of them look awesome and that i just could never justify the price of them. Only dear one ive owned was a razer death adder, mate upgraded and sold me it for 15 quid. Lasted about a year, and then i lost it moving house. Im sure its still around here somewhere

3. Vault-Tec

Well my new mouse arrived about an hour ago (thank you Amazon !). TBH I am really finding it hard to see any difference in quality on a £10 mouse when compared to a £140 Razer. I got this mouse

[​IMG]

It's sold on Amazon as a Qisan (same as my keyboard) but it's actually a Sunsonny T-M30.

The only thing I don't like is that it mixes blue LEDs with green (would have preferred all of one or the other) and that at its highest DPI it's a bit twitchy (though that could well be my Razer mat).

[​IMG]

Doesn't look too bad next to my £30 mech board either :)

It's beginning to seem like companies like Razer are just using China to make everything. So I kinda feel like what's the point? if I'm going to get something Chinese and crap why would I not just buy something Chinese and crap for pennies?

Time will tell I guess.

4. stephen0205

stephen0205 Minimodder

what keyboard is that. U should have that mouse in red .. iron man style

5. Vault-Tec

6. bsp

bsp Minimodder

MX518 user here as well.

Paid £18 and it's still going strong.

Bought at the tail end of 2008 - so may as well say 2009.

7. Reg216uk

Reg216uk Minimodder

I have a logitech G502...It has what logitech calls a hyperfast mouse wheel which basically means it doesnt click it just spins freely and is suitable for smaller hands... btw there is a button which switches between normal scroll and free scroll..

I haven't had it long so cant vouch for its time of life but just thought the wheel might appeal.