1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why never to take your phone to 02 for repairs...

Discussion in 'General' started by Confused Fishcake, 10 Apr 2006.

1. Confused Fishcake

Confused Fishcake Minimodder

Anyway, this is quite a long story, but strange nonetheless:

Firstly, I have an 02 X4 (Decent phone), pay as you go. One day, I find that my contacts list has been deleted, I add some more contacts and they get wiped when I switch off my phone. So I take my phone along to 02, within warranty, and they say they will send it away for repairs and it would be 7-28 days. About 10 days later, they phone is "ready". When I got to pick it up, I first notice that the pins for the sim card are seriously bent. Completely capable of fixing it, I nevertheless complained, knowing that it would be my fault if I broke it. I give it to the guy at the desk, and he looks at it, then he drops it, swears, then says he will send it back for repairs again. I also notice at this point that the plastic casing has a massive crack in it and has not been screwed together enough. Oh, and the little warranty sticker which covers the screws ahs been removed and not replaced. Me not happy. So it is sent off for repairs, but I am angry, so the next day I ring and ask to speak to the manager guy. He says since they broke it at the repair place I will get a replacement phone for free. Me now happy (The screen was fairly scratched and the keypad occasionally didn't work.) I go to pick it up about a week later, and guess what? The warranty sticker still had not been replaced (although the rest had been fixed.) The guy who was serving me said that you need to send the phone to repairs 3 times before they will replace it, and the guy has an argument with the manager about the repairs (The manager wants me to get a new phone) Anyway, I pointed out the warranty sticker problem, so they send it away yet again, and a few days ago I finally got my new phone. But the amazing thing is, although the phone looks exactly the same, the camera, instead of taking blurry pictureas even when viewed on the phone, now take 1280X1024 pictures which are clear and crisp full size on a pc screen! The only visible differance looking at the phone is that instead of saying 1.3 megapixel, it now says megapixel camera. Anyway, I put in my old sim card after all this, and the contact deleting problem still happens. This is when I realise that the problem was actually with the sim card. I take it into 02 and ask for a new sim, buy it for £5, and it works perfectly. So I get a brand new, amazingly better phone, and there was no problem with the original. Apart from the fact that predictably, 02 still made 2 mistakes:

The replacement phone was missing the piece of rubber which stops the connections at the bottom from getting dirty, and the stupid man at the desk gave me a 2g sim instead of a 3g one. I know 02 will give out free sim cards sometimes, do they ever give out 3g ones for free? Unless it is free I probablt can't be bothered, since I rarely use 3g.

Anyway, I complain about the missing piece of rubber, and they say they will send it back for replacement, I say NO. I would rather keep my phone...

Sorry for the long story, but it shows you how 02 staff/annovo repairmen can be very very helpful but utterly hopeless. But I gets me a new phone, so I'm happy ;)

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I've had problems with O2 as well, but more service-based than repairs. Since I got my XDA I had problems with receiving texts from O2 customers, so I checked out all the info on their website to see if I could solve the problem myself, but to no avail. I emailed them explaining the situation and stating the fact that I'd tried all the solutions recommended on their website. I got an email back with the same, rather patronising solutions (clean your SIM card etc). Having established by myself that the problem was definately with the service/SIM card and not the phone, I emailed them back again explaining the situation and that I had tried everything suggested to me. So they sent me a new phone :duh:. After receiving the new phone (which made no difference as expected) and sending the slightly older one back, I dropped into the local O2 shop to seek assistance. Luckily, the girl who served me was very helpful in the matter and got it sorting by getting them to remotely unblock the text inbox where all the messages I never received were.
    A few months later however, the problem returned and recurred, and so I took the phone back to the shop again. Sadly, the sales assistant this time seemed less interested in my cause (most probably because he couldn't sell me anything) and simply 'reset' my phone settings, ignoring the information I provided him with on the previous solution. So I emailed the customer services again, and got the same information I had the first time round. So I emailed them again, and still the same patronising rubbish, as if they'd read the first line and sent the same script. A few emails later, and about 8months into my contract, they finally sent me a new SIM card which solved the problem, but refused to refund or compensate me for the fact that I could only use my phone with about 1/3 of my contacts for most of the contract.
    Whatever happened to good customer service?! :(

<A88>

3. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Don't get me started on O2 and customer service. I bought a pay and go phone in January and it was faulty. Naturally I told them immediately, and I've been refunded the money this week, 3 months on (And about 10 hours on the phone to their customer service department, where none of the monkeys have enough authority to actually sort anything out).

Apologies to anyone who is/knows an O2 monkey.

4. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

o2 really do suck balls.

5. gbeeby

gbeeby What's a Dremel?

big hairy balls

6. fev

fev Industry Fallout

and that's why i love vodafone with all it's glorious quality customer service and stonking ways to get you to stay with them.

Last week geezer calls asking some questions saying i get a reward at the end.. so i thought ok cool.
    3 questions about my current contract and phone, offers me a further reduction off my tariff or 40 quid credit. Now my line rental is already obscene (£15 a month for 500 minutes anytime any network and 1000 texts) so i took the 40 quid credit.. and i also get to upgrade my phone 2 months before the end of the contract.

7. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I remember when my SE k700i broke down.

I took it into a retail store, sent it off, no problems. The day after I got it back (Only one week after, they sent me a brand new one), I had a call at 9am from a person who claimed to have received my broken K700i.

The day after, I had a call from the o2 store telling me my phone had come back from repair.

So, I went down there, I'd gotten his repaired phone (An O2 XDA Exec iirc).

Quite strange, I didn't keep his phone though, I told them I had already had my repaired phone back.

8. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I am assuming that you are all on contract? I have an xda2, o2 branded. If it were to ever go wrong, and I put in an O2 sim, and go back to the store, are you saying that they will fix/repair/replace my phone?

9. asteroth

asteroth What's a Dremel?

o2 are clueless, my brand new 6680 would not boot with the mem card in, take it back, get a new one after 7 days. 7 days later the new one wont charge, take it back, 7 days later it comes back 'repaired' check it at the shop (wise move) still wont charge. 7 days later they bring me a refurbed one, by this time i am so pissed off anyway i take it. 3 weeks to sort my phone. useless.

10. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I've had no problems with the O2 network service, but can't say anything about repairs, but my mum had a problem with carphone warehouse who didn't repair her mobile properly.Sent it off 3 times and the problem is still there (problem with sending images), the phone is yet again out for repair. It's an O2 contract so if carphone warehouse passes the phone onto O2, I see we have a problem. :(

Vodaphone is also great, right now my old school has been given free mobiles for testing (world HQ is round the corner), damn them for doing so after I left...

11. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

is this the same o2 that was posted about a few years aggo (I think, then the thread was revived) about someone buying domain names?

12. asteroth

un****in beleivable!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: my bloody 6680 has died, AGAIN!!!!!!!

4th boody time!

13. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Vodafone all the way....been going with them for 7 years on the same contract...never overcharged me, not one phone has broken....and the signal is great....mwahaha

14. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Vodafone definatly.
    Fantastic links when abroad and their PAYG sims dont expire (as far as i can tell).

15. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Yes.

I've had no problems with O2, and I've been with them ever since they were BT cellnet.

Although, I've kept my original PAYG SIM through 4 different phones and never had to deal with repairs.

_C

16. asteroth

feh, turns out the 'brand new' battery they gave me two months ago has pegged, used my old spare and now phone is ok... upgrade in a few months, think im gonna leave o2 and check out vodaphone! :eyebrow: