1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wi-Fi repeater help

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by PortalBen, 3 Oct 2012.

1. PortalBen

PortalBen Minimodder

Hi all,

The internet in my university halls often goes down or is really slow. From part of my flat I can just about pick up the signal from the campus Wi-Fi (an entirely seperate network which is more reliable). Would I be able to use a Wi-Fi repeater to broadcast the campus Wi-Fi over the whole of my flat? I am completely inexperienced with the technology so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

2. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

YOu can get a repeater to enhance the signal in your flat, just remember to place it inside the good range of your UNI WiFi, since the repeater what it does its expand the signal it picks up to further places.

take a look at this one: e D-Link DWL-900AP, or in amazon to this results: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:wifi repeater

you dont need to physical plug the repeater to the network, the repeater will pick up the WiFi signal and "send it" isnide its own increased range