1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Wifi 6 router for quest 2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silk186, 26 Apr 2021.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

As the title implies, I'm looking for a wifi 6 router to use with my oculus quest 2. My laptop is also wifi 6 or I can plug it into the router if needed. Is there any reason to not go with the Huawei AX3000? I'm waiting for a visa to move overseas so I'm not really wanting to invest £200+ in a network at this time.

A quick search on Amazon brings up the HUAWEI AX3 AX3000 for £59.99
    I also see the TP-LINK Archer AX10 AX1500 for £76.22
    From here it seems to jump up to NETGEAR Nighthawk AX5400 for £199.99

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have a few AX3 and they provide pretty good speed, I am maxing out 1Gb LAN port on the AX3s for devices connected to them and transfering over wifi6 between upstairs and downstairs using the AX3 wifi APs, so for simple wifi 6 connectivity and a basic mesh setup great but the software on them is rubbish and barely functional, so if you care about stuff like guest wifi (on the mesh, on main unit guest wifi is fine) or parental controls then pick something else.

range of a single unit does not seem amazing IMO but my house kills wifi generally and these have been the only things to cover the house with wifi even if I did need multiples to do it.

buying direct from Huawei UK was cheaper than amazon, they were £30 each at one point, honor also sell the same router called the honor 3.

If you are just using that one device really them probably the cheaper dual core would do you.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2021
    silk186 likes this.
  3. silk186

silk186 Derp

That's a pretty good deal, and I don't care about the software. I can get the dual-core for £40 and the quad-core for £60 from Amazon, the Huawei site has it for the same price. What difference would I notice between a dual and quad-core router?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I guess the difference will be its ability to handle a large number of clients I'd imagine, probably not an issue in your case, I recall reading on overclockers that a couple of people have the dual for quest with no complaints.