1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wii hdmi converter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by b1g-d0g, 23 Jul 2023.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Found my old wii up the loft so I'm giving it to my grandson, but his TV only has hdmi outputs on it, I've been looking about but there a bit hit and miss about some types working not working, can anyone on here recommend me one that works.
    Thanks

2. keef247

keef247 Modder

I bought the cheapest going one on ebay ages ago... It was about a fiver iirc. Make sure you set it to 480p or whatever in the settings. Only issue I found is often when you turn it on it'll have a slight weird effect to the output which turning to SD and back to HD in the settings solves each time, IDK if that's cause of the adapter or the fact I've jailbroken mine the latter being doubtful... Worth it overall but doing that each time is annoying. Or you can still use it set to SD but it'll look a bit blurrier/shiter.

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I've been looking at the ones on amazon and from what people are saying that some times it will work or not at all, amazon are great with returning stuff as they pay postage but it's more a case I don't want to let my grandson down.

4. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I bought one off eBay a couple of years ago so probably similar to the Amazon ones and not had any issues, working fine through a couple of TVs.
    I'm not at home right now but I'll take a look at it when I get back today.

5. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

ok thanks mate.

6. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Had a look and it's just 'wii 2 hdmi', if I remember right that was every other one that was up on ebay at the time. Like I mentioned it was just a cheap as chips buy but on my unit it still performs without any issues (we still have family bowling night on ours).

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Ok mate ill try one, can always send it back if it don't work.

8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've had 2 off ebay, latest off this seller, does the job of getting it to HDMI

9. keef247

keef247 Modder

if it's called wii2hdmi and white, they're all the same no matter where you get em from.

10. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Ordered and it arrived and it's working, can't wait to surprise my grandson when he comes home, thanks for the help all :)

goldstar0011, Byron C and keef247 like this.