1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Wii to laptop screen.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ph@te, 18 Jan 2009.

1. Ph@te

Ph@te Ginga Extrodanier..... Is so a word

Hey guys, long time lurker here but I've finally decided to sign up to ask a question. Well a friend of mine has a Nintendo Wii and got a Laptop for Christmas (A Toshiba Satellite L300d). And Shes off to university in less then a month. I was wondering if there was any way to get the Wii to use the laptops screen as a TV. I'm pretty sure this will require a TV tuner of some kind, but I'm not sure which one and since its not a high spec gaming laptop i don't think it has any real inputs except USB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I used to rip videos via TV card from a VCR hooked to the computer with a composite cable. In theory this is pretty much the same thing as connecting the Wii, but I just don't know how to show the live feed... Might be possible with the TV-card software, dunno.

3. Ph@te

Ph@te Ginga Extrodanier..... Is so a word

I know its possible with a normal TV card as I've got one in my desktop that i can play my 360 over (with about 20ms of lag). But the problem is finding one that works on a laptop hence the options are cut down a lot if not entirely destroyed. By the looks of it and a bit of google'ing it simply easier to buy a small TV unless anyone else has anything to say?

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I have seen it done using a PC Card (PCMIA) so I would guess you could get the same thing of Express card. It would probably give better performance than USB

5. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

+1

I have also seen this work, it played fine without any lag but I don't know what PCMCIA card was used. Doing this also allows you to record your gameplay :D

Tags: