1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows win xp login screens

Discussion in 'Software' started by vivid, 26 Dec 2001.

1. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

ive downloaded some but i cant get them to work!!! ive been told i need to download a file for it to work but i cant find the file anywhere, all help would be apreciated :)

2. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

You should have downloaded a logonui.exe file. You need 2 put it in c:\windows\system32 (or equivilant drive) BUT if u just overwrite it good ole' windoze puts the default one back again!!:( So i reboot into safe mode with command promt (F8 @ startup) and copy it across in DOS, which works for me.
    There is a logon changer prog around, but i haven't used it yet.

Cheers

Charlie:cool:

3. vivid

and how exactly do you copy it across in DOS?
    sos i dont quite understand what you mean :confused:

4. Phrozenpenguin

Ok soz i didn't know whether u were familiar with dos. To get into DOS press F8 at windows startup, and you will get a menu. scroll to Safe mode with command prompt, and press enter.
    Let it boot and then you will be presented with a black screen with a line or two of text.
    Before you did all this it is easier to put the logonui.exe file u downloaded in the root of your c: drive.
    Now in dos type "cd c:\" without quotes. Now you should just have c:\ as the bottom line on your screen.
    Now type

copy logonui.exe c:\windows\system32

then enter. It will say file already there, overwrite? press "Y" then "enter". Now it should be done. To restart safely press ctrl-alt-del to get task manager, then shutdown then resart. If all is successful you should get the new logon when it shuts down and then when it starts up again.

Let me know if it works for you:confused:

Charlie:)

P.S - this is all assuming your c: drive is for windoze XP?

5. vivid

yah it worked!!
    thanks a lot charlie, now instead of that boring blue login screen a get a cool matrix style one :D

6. Phrozenpenguin

Glad it worked - ya can get loads - try themexp.org they have loads

Cheers

Charlie:D

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2001
Tags: