1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 10 Network credentials with Microsoft account

Discussion in 'Software' started by neocleous, 3 Mar 2016.

1. neocleous

neocleous Member

I hope someone can help because this is driving me mad!

I have about three PC's on my LAN all of which I sign into using a Microsoft account. When I try to navigate to a folder on any of these PC's it pops up and asks me for credentials which is unusual in the first place considering I am using the same username and password on all the PC's.

I enter my Microsoft account credentials and it will not accept them! I've tried everything I can think of to enter them and it won't take it any way I enter them.

Am I missing something!?

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I had this issue and I cannot remember exactly how I fixed it but I noticed that it didn't use the username/password/pin that I had, manually set for each pc but instead required the Microsoft Account Details.

I had changed to using a pin instead of the password, but the networking logon details still required the password.

IIRC one of the main things I was getting was the "One or more network protocols is missing" and then I got other ones to but it was quite a while ago when I fixed them.

I think I also had to change the Microsoft Account Password as well.

Hopefully someone with more networking knowledge will be along soon.

3. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 #noob

Try using microsoftaccount\username from memory

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

hmm, it should be your Microsoft account, but, you might need to check your sharing permissions, that your name appears as well as your Microsoft account email.

in my case I go to share with specific people, look for my name in list Richard Creedy (rich@dra***********.com)

if you are doing remote desktop to machines that have a Microsoft account instead of a local account, you put as the username your full email address of the Microsoft account.

5. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 It was funny when I was 12

Try
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager\Add a Windows Credential