1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Windows 7 disconnects from the internet when connecting mobile phone.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dean R, 30 Sep 2010.

1. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

This is totally baffling, whenever I connect my LG Viewty phone to my pc via USB, I lose internet connection on the PC and cannot regain it until I have unplugged the USB and restarted my pc.

Any ideas?

2. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

Sorry, just realised I've put this in the wrong area. should be in software.

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

Might have something to do with wireless tethering.

4. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

what's that?

This is a really annoying situation because I would like to upload pictures I have taken but can't. I didn't have this issue with Vista.

5. padrejones2001

From Wikipedia:
    Tethering is the use of a mobile device with Internet access such as 3G or 4G cellular service to serve as an Internet gateway or access point for other devices. Other devices may connect to the gateway via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or by Universal Serial Bus (USB) cabling.
    -----
    My guess is your computer is favoring your phone's internet connection over the wireless connection on your computer. What kind of phone have you got?

6. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

I have an LG Viewty/KU990, it's been a nightmare connecting to the pc since i got it. They even gave me a cd with incompatible software (lg pc suite 2) when I actually needed lg pc suite 3.

usually i just change the phone setting to mass storage device and connect that way. The phone itself is not very well designed to use the internet so I don't bother, plus it costs a bomb. But even when I unplug the phone from the pc I have to restart windows to get the internet back.

7. padrejones2001

I've been digging around for a while and I can't suggest anything more helpful than trying it in mass storage mode, which, by all accounts, will allow you to retrieve your pictures without experiencing internet-related headaches. Given the phone's age, I'd hazard a guess that Windows 7 support wasn't a high priority upon its release. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.