1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 7 OEM; multiple PC invalidation?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pete*, 20 Dec 2011.

1. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Hey BT'ers,

Right so i've just got home and my Dad has taken off with my Win7 HP 64Bit OEM disk thinking
    he could just install it on a PC he is working on.

Now if he tries to and it comes to activation, I know you can just ring up and it gets activated.
    However that won't happen will it? And invalidate my copy back at uni?

He will just be refused activation?

If he does get it activated - what would happen with my copy, would it try to activate when I
    turn it back on and i'll have to ring up and explain, or will it just end up invalidating the copy
    completely?

I'm a little bit worried. I can't get hold of him (doesn't have his phone) and he won't check his
    e-mail until he is back here. Which he will have done/tried the above mentioned.

Anyone know what is likely to be the outcome?

Thanks in advance,

2. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

If he rings up and says its only activated on one other pc or none at all they will activate it for sure. Always have with me!

It wont touch your copy at all, and even if it does you ring up, get yours activated then tell him to buy his own.

I wouldn't worry at all...

*note all of this is from experience and not fact from MS etc so I may be technically wrong but that's how its always worked for me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk