1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 8.1 Media Centre

Discussion in 'Software' started by BadHead, 11 Dec 2014.

1. BadHead

BadHead Minimodder

Hi,

I have recently lost the ability to watch live TV on Windows Media Centre.

Whenever I try to watch TV, I receive the following error message: "Viewing or listening Conflict, No tuner available to satisfy the current request"

I am using the same tuner as I was when Media Centre worked last.

When I try to retune the TV Signal, I receive the following error: "TV Setup has encountered a serious problem. Select Finish to exit, then try again. If this problem persists, restart Windows Media Center or the computer."

I have deleted the appropriate database file and accompanying folder as directed in many sites. This did not work.

I have run sfc /scannow. This did not work.

I have tried to turn off the Media Centre function, but am unable to do so. The process always fails and the system reverts to previous state - ie: with Media Centre installed.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my tuner via Device Manager multiple times and tried with different drivers. This has not worked.

My tuner shows up working and fine in Device Manager. Is there anyway a faulty device can show as working and fine in Device Manager?

Any ideas how I may solve this?

Thanks.