1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows Lockup???

Discussion in 'Software' started by toyomatt84, 5 Oct 2004.

1. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Ok, this is really aggrevating me, and I'm starting to lose my cool.

First off, I have my pc just finished and format, everything goes fine. My PC boots up, windows xp looking great. Install my graphix drivers, sound drivers, and do a windows update. Everything is still fine. I install UT2004 and play that for 4 hours, STILL FINE!!!.

All of a sudden, pc locks up (freezes), and I am confused. Now, the pc can't last 20 min without freezing. I have tried reformatting and it still locks up.

What in the bloody is the problem? Should I consider flashing the BIOS?? Is it something else?? I don't get it.

My Specs:
    AMD 3400+
    MSI MicroATX mobo
    OCZ low latency PC4000 2x512
    Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro TOXIC
    2x Western Digital SATA 200gig hdd's
    Soundblaster Audigy 2
    Swiftech Liquid cooling blocks

2. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly What's a Dremel?

I would suspect its a problem with the drivers your installing - how long will the PC run if you leave it as is after installing XP.......if there are no problems before installing any drivers then try them one at a time until the problem surfaces.

3. sp_1000

sp_1000 What's a Dremel?

1. Open the case, and point a fan at it.
    2. Check Event Viewer (Start - > Settings -> Control Panel - > Administrative Tools - > Event Viewer) for possible errors.
    3. See if it locks up in Safe Mode.
    4. Run full system diagnostics.

4. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Awesome tips guys. My temps are fine, and it's not locking up. I just am getting small icon errors and install failures now. If anyone could help me out, I made a new thread.

Tags: