1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows startup problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by spacemunkee, 7 Jan 2007.

1. spacemunkee

spacemunkee What's a Dremel?

I cant really remember when this problem actually started but its becoming more and more annoying now. Basically windows boots to the desktop, some of my programs load up for example wireless, firewall and antivirus. However programs such as msn that should load dont. When i look in the task manager they are there but there is no sign of them. Also i am able to open some folders such as my documents. But when i click to open a program such as coretemp or speed fan nothing appears, once again they are in the task manager.

I can open firefox from the desktop and the internet runs fine, then after say 1 minute of waiting everything suddenly loads up at once. Any advice? i have tried ending some tasks during this 1 minute of nothing loading and i have had a rundll error come up. I dont remember the exact error and i have been unable to get it to happen since but thought it may point to a solution.

2. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I can only suggest you try using bootvis so you can see exactly what's going on. What that might be I have no idea...

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sounds like there's a service having problems loading. As DeX says use bootvis to help diagnose it.

4. spacemunkee

spacemunkee What's a Dremel?

I have run bootvis with no luck on optimising so im uninstalling each program in turn and restarting to see if it clears up the problem and i find the culprit :)