1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Won't Reconize SATA Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by JBrinley, 23 Dec 2006.

1. JBrinley

JBrinley What's a Dremel?

The Overall Problem:

I know similar problems have been discussed on the internet, but I can't seem to find a working solution.

SPECS:
    -AMD FX-55
    -A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
    -2GB Corsair
    -36GB Raptor

The problem is that on installation of Windows XP, Home Edition or Professional Edition, the hard disk isn't recognized and therefore setup can not be completed, and the computer restarts. I've already tried installing both the nForce4 SATA driver and the Silicon SATA drivers provided by ASUS through the F6 pre-install. I also checked if SATA was enabled in the BIOS. I've tried all of the drivers on the CD from ASUS, most were not meant for my setup, but for RAID setup (since I only have one SATA disk). Setup keeps saying: no hard disk found...The BIOS is the most up-to-date version, and all power and Sata plugs are connected securely. The Hard drive is seen in the BIOS, Windows just can find/reconize it!

Right now, I'm at a loss on how to continue... Can anyone help me with this?

~Joe

2. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

3. JBrinley

JBrinley What's a Dremel?

It reads the floppy fine, and all the drivers I try dont work.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You've loaded them all at the same time right?

5. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

You need to make sure that the SATA controller is in the boot sequence list.

Often SATA controllers are 3rd-party raid controller chips and even if you're not using RAID, you need to enter the RAID BIOS and ensure the disk you want to boot from is set to active and bootable.

HTH :)