1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC WinTV-PVR-500MCE with Freesat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by malccy72, 29 Apr 2007.

1. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

hi

have been using the WinTV-PVR-500MCE for quite some time with terrestrial tv via an aerial but am now considering getting Free sat installed.

Can someone please tell me whether or not I will be able to use this card with Freesat and use both tuners as did with terrestrial?

If the answer is no could you suggest a suitable card.

Many thanks and appreciate help.

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

You will need to use a set top box in between the dish and the pvr 500mce. If you want to do away with the set top box then you need a dvb-sat card something like the nova-s plus.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2007
  3. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Thanks for reply; believe get a set top box when purchase the freesat package.

Will a single connection from the freesat box to the pvr be ok to record 2 channels at once?

Thanks again.

4. herbs

Nope you will be able to record or view one channel, you will need two set top boxes to do that. Also you need to consider controlling the set top box if you intend to schedule recordings. You can get an ir blaster to do that something like usb-uirt or microsofts remote with ir sender/reciever approx £20 (if right about $40). I use the later with a program called HIP remote and gbpvr ofr my media centre.

5. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Am using MCE with mce remote.

6. herbs

Then the receiver can act as an ir blaster too.

Tags: