1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Wiring a danger den pump relay for bleeding

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mjd, 5 Sep 2005.

1. mjd

mjd What's a Dremel?

I picked up a danger den pump relay the other day. Its a no-nonsense affair, but lacks a switch for bleeding.

The relay has two terminals for the hot wire - normally open and normally closed.

Now even my tiny mind can work out that in order to add a bleeding facility (that doesnt require me to move the hot wire between terminals by hand), is to switch the hot wire between the two terminals.

My question is - could somebody recommend a suitable switch in the UK for this? I'm not really 100% aux fais with mains switching and would rather not chance it.

A simple two position compact switch would be great!

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Umm... if I'm reading this right, any SPST switch rated for at least 2 amps (to be safe, I don't think it needs THAT much) at 12v should be fine. Just cut the 12v line and add it in. Something like a SPST rocker from most cold cathode kits would suffice.

Unless you don't mean one of their 12v-powered ones (D4/D5 and DDC, all of which are rebadged Laing pumps). In which case it's definately not a "Dangerden" pump. But 12v doesn't use a relay, so I'm mighty confused. Well, it would still work the same way, just perhaps a different colored wire.

3. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

you mean you want to override the relay teporarily for the purpose of running it without the PC to bleed. In that case any switch rated at 2amp or above for 240vac will do, then simply join it over the switching terminals of the relay. you want a normally open switch. SPDT will do.

4. mjd

mjd What's a Dremel?

Exactly - so what I am doing is putting a switch on the hot wire and bypassing the relay to the hot wire on the other side of the relay?

I thought of doing that, but was unsure if this would damage the relay.

Anyway thanks for your help :)

5. bigal

bigal Fetch n Execute

nope it would be fine..