1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wisdom teeth project log

Discussion in 'General' started by CyberSol, 30 Jun 2005.

1. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Today, I am going in to have my 2 bottom wisdom teeth removed. They are impacted. I had my top wisdom teeth removed a few years ago.

I decided to share this times experience with all you bit folk. :D

I am going in at 1pm today. I am going to have laughing gas, and local ansthetics. I wanted to be put out this time around, but that would cost $1000 vs the $125 that it normaly costs. Even with insurance the cost would have been $500. Hmmm being put out or new video card???

Im going to eat a bunch before going, cauze they said it was allright.

Last time they gave me pain medicine that made me throw up, I don't think I'll let them give it to me this time.

Here's to :dremel: :waah:

Allright An update a bit later.

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Good luck,
    I still got all 4 ! Two were hurting some time ago but then it went over.

Hope I can keep them forever, lol.

L

3. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Good luck to you! I had all 6 of mine taken out about 9 years ago. I couldn't imagine doing it without being put out, so more power to ya!

It'll make that new video card all the sweeter.

-monkey

4. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

I've only ever had normal back teeth out. Are wisdom teeth that much more painful?

5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Yup if the buggers are impacting or get infected.

Mine were taken out under general. Only pain was in the next morning when local wore out.

<3 codeine.

Cost me ~1250 euros.

6. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

You only have 4 wisdom teeth.

okay, Im off to hell. :jawdrop: :dremel:

7. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

they put me to sleep when they did it last october. I was asleep before they opened my mouth and i woke up and home. I was sore for the next few days but the meds made it worth it ehehe. Id say sleep before video card but im not a fan of pain really. Some people can stand it but anything with my mouth is out of the question.

8. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Okay Im back. They gave me lots of Nitrous oxide. :D :D Im so glad is over.

Not too much pain atm, Im sure it will be later. No swelling yet.

F*** wisdom teeth. :thumb:

I'll post a picture of them later. :naughty:

Last edited: 30 Jun 2005
  9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

From what I understand, it's possible to have more or less, or none at all. Glad to hear the pain was minimal. How is the swelling?

-monkey

10. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

say hello to jello!!! :D

or some pudin'

11. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

I have 2 top wisdom teeth, the guy who took mine out said the record number he has taken out was 7 Wisdom teeth.

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

I had the last of those options. nothing to remove! woohoo! :)

How goes it? When my fiancee had it done, it was a BEAR. Or, well, she was. I'm glad she doesn't read this site! :)

13. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I've got bad teeth. I take care of them but I'm still all messed up and about to have to have a lot of work done. I've already had one root canal. Need another one done. they want to then go back over both of those and put crowns on and I need all four wisdom teeth out, two of which are impacted. It's gonna be fun. I hate pain meds though. They make me feel too weird and I can't have fun when I'm on them like a lot of people seem to be able to. I've got a low tollerance for medicines. When I had the first root canal they put my on hydrocodone(generic version of vicoten) and that made me see things and gave me really, really weird dreams. when I was able to sleep anyway.

14. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i've thankfully never had any teeth out :D < check my super shiny teeth ;)

15. padair

padair Inebriated

I had the top right wisdom tooth out - it's just a normal tooth so no problems, I thought those people that said that it hurt getting wisdom teeth out, were wimps..
    I then had the bottom right taken out about a month later- the dentist gave me steroids to reduce the swelling so it was only agony instead of the suicidal pain it would have been otherwise. It's scary when you have to sign the disclaimer that you're aware that you could end up with facial paralysis :(

You're far better getting both bottom ones out at one go - you'll only have to suffer once. As for pain meds - i took co codamol on on recommendation from the dentist, as well as using it as a mouthwash, if you can buy it over the counter where you live,get some (then again it may have been what you had before as it can cause nausea)

16. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

I had 3 out just two weeks back. Best thing to do is apply ice packs for a few hours afterwards which will stop the swelling, after that just gargle and wash your mouth out with salt water (teaspoon to a small whisky glass of water) after every meal (or 3 times a day) as this will prevent infection [and trust me you do not want an infection, it hurts like hell and costs a bomb to treat in the US!]. The swelling will dissapear within the first week and the ache will die away within the first two weeks. Just take care of your mouth for the first two weeks and you'll have no problems (and no more expensive treatment).

17. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

I was born without wisdom teeth! :) Im an alien.

18. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I've had 4 wisdom teeth for years. No pain - except when they were cutting through and that was minimal. I guess I just have a big mouth.

Good luck with the recovery. I hope everything goes well for you. You made the right choice on the $$. Buy something you can enjoy for a long time instead of a little relief now. I mean, regardless of which anaesthetic is used, you'll feel exactly the same in 4 hours time.

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I remember about six years ago I had an op to remove a tooth that other teeth had grown over, so it hadn't come out - it was still stuck in my gum.

I'd got fired from my job, the next week I had appointment with the dentist, who then proceeded to take out two wisdom teeth there and then. I was then booked into hospital for a week later to have the other two wisdom teeth and the tooth that was stuck in my gum taken out. All in all, that was the most painful fortnight in my life, I reckon.

20. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

I had 7 teeth removed at once. The only thing that kept the pain away was mountain dew.