1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ficky Pucker, 23 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It's in a folder in the installation directory. Have a root around.

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

During the combat part of the tutorial did you get a "riposte" icon? There where a couple of occasions were the game didn't either do what the tutorial said it would or it did not pick up what I did. The "riposte" sticks out particularly as I was getting increasingly frustrated until a bit of wild button mashing triggered the next sequence.

It's a real GPU raper of a game too. My 5870 sounds like a hoover @ 1680x1050, very high settings with SSAO disabled.

3. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Yeah it did that for me, seemed extremely fussy.

I'm slowly progressing through Dark mode (may upload some vids at some point) The thrill of knowing you'll die in a hit or two is great (although occasionally frustrating), strangely this playthrough I'm almost completely ignoring Quen, when I relied on it so heavily the first two playthrough's. It's mostly been rolling away, and using Igni to stun/damage people, allowing me to get a few hits off. I am dreading the letho fight.

EDIT: Ok, I cannot kill the troll near flotsam (or more precisely hurt him enough to continue) He hits you once unavoidably which normally doesn't kill you, however if you mistime the roll, he hits you in the back, causing a 1hit KO.
    1 more hit afterwards and you're toast, Quen doesn't help as he always does a combo hit (even with full health + Quen it's no good) and you can't stand still long enough to Yrden - he either charges at you or throws a rock you don't have time to dodge. I might have to level up a bit more and come back to him.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2011
  4. knarF

knarF Noob

Thanks, i will do.

Yeah, that appeared for me and does in combat outside of the tut too.

My GTX570 seems to handle it pretty well everything maxed (except ubersampling), not seen any lag yet. It doesn't even make that bigger noise tbh, i've never really noticed it.

The game does look fantastic though. Real life seemed a little dull in comparison.

5. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Yeah I tried Dark Mode for a bit, but after about 20 attempts at the Kayran, I gave up and switched to normal. I also killed the Troll, but it only took me 3 attempts I think, can't remember how I did it but I'm sure I was using Quen... Perhaps I was a higher level...