1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Wolfenstein Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2009.

1. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

RTCW was fun last time i played it, with 4 or 8xAA IIRC....one good thing for having a LOTS better graphics card than back then..... :)
    System Shock 2....Mmmmmmmm have to dig that one out....

2. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Right so, played it, and thought "this feels too consoled down".

/me sighs.

Don't get me wrong, I like gaming of all sorts, I like my Xbox 360 and PS3. But I also like my pc. And this feels too dumbed down.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Watch it gramps - I ****ing love SS2. ;)

4. DarkRose

DarkRose What's a Dremel?

I was very much looking forward to this game... Now I'm really not so sure I want to spend what little extra money I have on it... 'Tis a sad day indeed. Wolf3D and RTCW were the kings....

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

6. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

You misunderstand - so do I.

P

7. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

very disapointed. RTCW was brilliant.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I don't listen to bit-tech game reviews, not after they gave Far Cry 2 a 9.

I played through this recent iteration of the Woflenstein series and quite enjoyed it.

9. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

This, just like Crysis2 will be rubbish due to the fact that consoles come 1st in developers eyes, ( money ) not producing a quality game on the best system! Consoles are holding back games due to out of date technology but because of sales figures they dont care no more about where the roots of games came from. If anybody thinks playing FPS with a joypad is great they need there heads tested! i have a 360 for some games only because they cost me nothing due to the simple piracy methods, who wouold pay £40 for this shite? Anybody out there?

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ah really waffle.. I'll play it if it's good- just don't want to waste my time and end up with bitter face

I kinda liked fallout 3, when you explored around there was some pretty cool stuff you could uncover, but alot of people didn't like it.. hated farcry 2, what kind of ending was that! and not to mention repetitive gameplay with people talking like they were on crack at the beginning of the game :D they got you on both ends in that one

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

:thumb: my thoughts exactly :rock: well said.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

People make mistakes. Doesn't mean they're always wrong. Having played Far Cry 2 since then, I'll freely admit the score was over-bloated.

13. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

Dont get me wrong, consoles are great if ur on a budget and a casual gamer who dosent care for spec and performance in games but they do serve a purpose. Wolfenstein shows what consoles are capable of. Average graphics, poor controls. I must admit microsoft has it nailed with a great online service on xbox live. Hardcore gamers who spend hundreds on rigs are being sh*t on in favour of lame teenagers and there ps3's coz they're a cool thing to have and have Bluray whoopy fu**in doo!
    Some games are meant to be PC games and some are obviously destined for a console.
    Why do they try and bring out bad copies to cover both , sorry 4got again ( money )

14. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I agree Fallout 3 was good work on bethsaida's behalf. After the disappointment oblivion was I felt they finally got the balance right within the mechanics. Just a pity the game took over an hour of patching to problem solving to finally get running properly. far cry 2 I enjoyed poping people in the head and blowing things up sorta rambo style but the game over all was very boring. Still working my way through it tho to get that "notch on my belt".

Back to what I wanted to say. I remember playing wolfenstine on the pc along with blakestone and doom. Those where great for their time. Then I got wolfenstein for the PS2 along with Medal of Honor (the one that done D-day). The game was horrible. It seemed years behind in terms of development. In some ways Im not surprised the same has kinda happened here.

15. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

The game is a bit 'meh' - there is nothing really new or groundbreaking about it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of mindless Nazi killing though - which is basically what the game is! I quite enjoyed it :)

16. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

We need more PC-centered games..

Sadly this is just a dream, and I didn't expect much from this anyways. About the credibility of BT in game reviews, FC2 has a lot of potential and awesome at a glance stuff..

After re-playing it though, that's where it sucks.

17. Whi7eRa66iT

Whi7eRa66iT What's a Dremel?

I have played the Single player and Online of Wolfenstein and I was a huge fan of RTCW. This new release is just terrible. They have truelly dropped the ball in almost every way possible. Heck, the online playing basically has auto-aim turned on for you. I miss jabbin my peeps with a needle to revive them and now, you use the "force" to revive. In the mean time, you are a sitting duck to enemy fire. Every online game I have joined is lagging so bad, I just twitch around. The single player mode was simple but decent. Not worth the $59 spent to purchase it though.
    That and this is a complete port game. It WAS designed for consoles and they ported it over to PC. There is NO question. Its just ridiculous that the developers do not seem to care about the PC gamer any longer. This is becoming more and more prevalent on almost all FPS games that are series... EA's battlefield series, Wolfenstein, even COD is being slowing dumb'ed down so people can use controllers. ??? I would very much like to ask these game developers "Why are you doing this? Are the future plans to just drop PC systems as a gaming platform in your opinion?"
    To anyone that is able to interview a game developer, please please consider asking directly what their reasoning for this atrocity is? And letting them get away with an answer like, "to allow access to more gamers that use console systems" is a cop-out answer. Leave the side scrolling games to the consoles and get FPS back to the PC as it was and should be. Note: to those that take offense to my last comment, sorry but that is "How I Feel" about it.

18. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Woah that's a low score.
    I absolutely loved the game.
    Replaying it right now on Uber difficulty and trying to find all the gold etc some stuff is realy well hidden..

19. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

The first guy I shot in this game I hit in the throat, best death animation ever. I started thinking this game might be fun underneath the AWFUL mouse acceleration I couldn't turn off. I was wrong. This game is average on so many levels, I think the score of 6 is perfect for it. I can't believe how badly it misses the excellent atmosphere presented in RTCW, and this isn't just rose tinted goggles on, I recently played right through it.

I heard it's about 6 hours long single player so I might complete it still, but I'm actually considering using my 360 gamepad since they messed up mouse control so badly. UG, consolification. Having said that, even if it were designed purely for PC it wouldn't suddenly become a good game, maybe a 7 instead of a 6.

@thehippoz

Oh God I thought Bayonetta would be bad but that is an abomination...

@V3ctor

Bioshock 2 isn't making it out this year. I'm looking forward to Batman Arkham Asylum (PC end Sep) which reviewers have started calling the best licensed game ever (hope you're reviewing it BT), and Dragon Age (Nov 6). There's also Assassins Creed 2 at the end of Nov if you care. It's a relatively quiet Christmas season.

20. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I guess I'll wait until this game is in the bargain bin to pick it up. I wish it could have lived up to RtCW, but I didn't really expect it to.

Tags: Add Tags