1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word 2007 - Data Flow Diagrams

Discussion in 'Software' started by planki, 9 Apr 2008.

1. planki

planki ...

As the title suggests im trying to copy up my hand drawn data flow diagrams into word 2007.

What im trying to find out is, if it is possible to connect two objects with an arrow and have them connected so that if you move one of the objects the line moves with it and stays connected?

Currently i am just arranging them and then adjusting the arrows by hand accordingly but when it comes down to the final arrangement and moving boxes slightly its getting to be a real pain having to adjust the arrows all of the time!

Hope that made sense.

Cheers

2. kempez

kempez modding again!

I don't think so. I think you'd need Visio for that kind of functionality

3. planki

planki ...

argh, i was really hoping you weren't going to say that! But it's what i suspected, guess i'll have to use the trial of visio then!

Cheers.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I had that same problem earlier this week when trying to draw a class diagram but it's not possible with MS Word. oneNote or Visio as kempez said should do the trick. You can probably import it to Word afterwards too.

It's a pain I know.

5. planki

planki ...

Just been talking to a friend and they suggested Open Office, after a quick google it would appear that Open Office Draw supports exactly what i want to do! They call them smart connectors, i have even found a comment on a forum where somebody says they used it exactly for drawing their data flow diagrams!!

I don't know why I didn't think of this before! Another win for open source.

I'll let you know how it goes.

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

Sweet, let me know as I can't stand Visio

OpenSource Cheesecake :D