1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress WORKLOG: 5.25" Embedded Motherboard PC (Commissioned Build) Completed 1 Dec '07

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GAM, 26 Sep 2007.

1. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

very nice end result. very professional looking.

2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

that poweder coat did a great job for looks.
    any internal shots?

3. GAM

GAM New Member

Hi guys, thanks for you comments, much appreciated. :)

The powder coat was a success and sure to be tried again for a future mod. As it is industrial powder coating (no white coats and dust proof room) there are some minor blemishes, but overall they did a good job for a ver reasoble price.

I'm sorry I have any internal shots with the powdercoating and the grills in place as I had to rush it all together an hour or so before the customer picked it up... I just managed to finish the shots you see above when he arrived to collect it. For your reference there are internal shots earlier in the log, just sans powder coat and installed grills.

Hopefully the customer will provide some photos of it in the near future all fully installed with OS and operational LCD and if I'm lucky some more internals with the appropriate PCI cards, cable management etc.

Cheers
    GAM

4. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

wow the end result is very nice...congrats.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I blinked and missed a few updates and the finale! It looks fantastic. I like the re-worked backplate.

6. GAM

GAM New Member

Cheers guys! :D

@Cheapskate, I actually just realised this morning that I didn't take any decent photos of the back plate... you can't really see the detail and precise fit of the plate around the ports, the fine little fingers just disappear in the blackness of it all. I might have to go through the original photos and see if I can find one that shows this detail better.

To those that have placed votes, thank you very much, I appreciate it. This case doesn't really have the bling for MotM material, but I believe it is a good example of a clean, understated and well executed scratch case (if I do say so myself :rolleyes:).

Cheers
    GAM

7. NZ_mod_man

NZ_mod_man New Member

Dude you gotta love powder coating. Nice colour choice, "Yes it's still black (which seems to be almost overdone now days)" but the satin keeps it subtle.

P.S. I think the hard drive needs some attention (i.e. remove sticker) as it detracts from the clean look IMO.

8. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

very nice and professional result!!!! compliments!!! ;-)

9. GAM

GAM New Member

Cheers Guys! :)

@NZ mod man, yeah agree re the hard drive. I believe the customer might be replacing it, so I didn't bother with it.

Cheers
    GAM