1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

New patch today, 0.5.15:
    http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-0515/

Some changes afoot with Jap DDs, including a new line of Jap Gunboats and some changes to existing torp boats:
    The thing that is the most interesting to me is the changes to the tier 8 and 9 torp boats, having just got the Kagaroo myself:

Not sure how these changes will pan out but it will surely spice up the gameplay, for better or worse! Don't want to bemoan it without trying for myself.

Also, a word on 'compensation' for the owners of the affected ships:
    Owners should get a net gain if I am interpreting the pictures from the patch notes and the text notes themselves, due to refunds on researched modules and experience earned.

One of the unintended consequences of the DD nerf was to make torp boats a bit underpowered compared to the gun boats, which was a problem on matchups where one side would get Russian & American gunboat DD's and the other would get just Jap DDs. This change *should*TM redress that balance .

Last edited: 1 Dec 2016
  2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I had a quick jab lastnight after downloading the patch, I had a Minakaze so now I have a Fubuki and something else plus a new 5 point point commader for free. From what Ive seen though the Jap Gunboats are better balanced though. But we will see I did a few rounds floating around in my Tirpitz again trolling destroyer captains.

One thing I think im going to need to do is chug down the German BB line, the Bismark seems to have some interesting characteristics (9KM secondry range and sonar), which play to my favourite game of barrelling toward smoke as soon as I see the torps.

Last edited: 2 Dec 2016
  3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The tier 9 Jap DD replacement, the Yagumo, seems to have had a RoF buff, while it is no gunboat, it's pretty good if paired with Basic fire training. And the new torp upgrade for it, while only 8km range are ultra fast! with a 15 point captain using the concealment perk and the stealth module, your sea detection range is just 5.5 Km....

Also, in case people have not noticed, any ship you own or that was researched, that was affected by the changes, you get a free perma camo for it and economic compensation, I got 16 million silver refunded.

Pretty pleased with the changes, makes the IJN DD's a bit more competitive.

4. legoman

I did wonder why suddenly I had an extra 4 million!

5. legoman

Right, Soviet/Russian cruisers. I know in general cruisers don't tend to have much in the way of armour and the munitions seem to be stacked neatly on the deck (looking at you New Orleans)
    But, the Kirov for example what the hell were they thinking, its like putting a giant baked bean tin out to sea full of explosives.
    Slugging away doing the dragon missions is a pain only saving grace is the 180mm guns seem to like doing citadels a lot, just wont last long in a fire fight.