1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World spam volume at 81.5%

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jul 2008.

1. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

im sure that is lower than it used to be? I remember hearing quotes in the 90's. I suggest that is an increase in legitimate email, not a decrease in spam. Any sent mail, filtered or not is counted in this survey. billgates@microsoft.com gets around 3000 emails a second.

2. staceymitchel

staceymitchel What's a Dremel?

Most stuff is offshored. Not sure why anyone would think CAN Spam would be effective! Best thing you can do is have a decent spam filter like SpamBully or use gmail which seems pretty tight on spam.

3. ClearCaseMan

ClearCaseMan Acrylic GOD

I think that it should be fair game on the spam servers. get a group of capable people and let them at the mail servers. maybe them the isp for those would cut them off or even better the server gets fubar'd

4. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

All my spam is from nigeria and my credit card company, neither can I afford to kill D: alternativly we could all start using yahoo email or smoke signals

5. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

...Or we could just use ten minute mail to register to random things, and have a private e-mail for friends and more important non-spammy things.

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

thats what I do. I currently have 4 e-mail addresses. 2 for work, one for friends and legit business. and one for signing up for things that will likely result in spam.

7. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

Already Hefty fines/jail and as soon as one caught another takes their place.. Only way it'll stop is to go after the financers of spam (sellers easily traced) After all Spam is trying to sell something and thats traceable. But The right wing f/wits won't do anything that affects their backhanders from the beneficiaries of spam (ie the spammers and their clients..) THANK GOODNESS for gmail and its spam filters - My spam bin peaked at 10K a month now down to under 1k a month :)

8. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

I was using gmail before for my personal mail, but it started blocking mail from our offices for about 3-4months, their customer support didnt in anyway addressed my problem, which forced me to stop using it for awhile, I got tired of using a personal email, and just instead continuing using my office mail since I rarely do personal stuff with my email anyway, no spam at all,haha

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I am sick of the german spam of officechairs, plants, cigarboxes, shoepolischmachines and gardenheaters...

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I use Yahell mail and it keeps the spam down to a reasonable amount.

The root problem here is not the spammers, but the people who purchase products offered in spam. If you want to do something about spam, try sending out a bunch of it and then sending a TV crew to interview every moron who responds and broadcast it on national TV. Spam only works when people are dumb enough to buy what's advertised. The spammers aren't doing this for their own entertainment, they're doing it because it works and companies are willing to pay them to do it.

Tags: Add Tags