1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Worlds smallest ITX case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MightyBenihana, 30 Oct 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh sorry I wasn't trying to pooh on the idea of smaller and smaller cases just that at some point they may become impractical and hard to work in with the possibility of thermal issues. I have a habit of not being able to put my point across without it seeming like an attack of some sort (doesn't help when I post after a couple of pints)

I also have a Cooler master CM110 (smaller again than the V1) and working in it is awkward at best, if I wanted to replace the cpu or cooler for instance I'd literally have to take it all apart to get to these items.

For me though I find the V1 to be the perfect size but obviously that's a personal decision whereas others strive to go as small as possible.

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

While the A4 is not yet available for evaluation, the Ncase M1 is actually the easiest case I've ever worked on. All but the bottom panel can be removed entirely without unscrewing anything leaving a bare frame, and the side-plate that holds fans/drives/radiator swings off entirely. The only 'awkward' part to reach is if you have headers underneath the PCIe slot with a long GPU installed, but removing the GPU is so easy that's not too much of a problem.
    Cable management is more a matter of using the right length cable to start with rather than the usual route of getting the longest cable possible and tucking most of it behind the motherboard tray.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just lost long 'small case' post. Will re write later...grrr
    /rant

4. supermack

supermack What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the heads up. It will be interesting to hear more about it.