1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews X-COM: Chimera Squad Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 7 May 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

and it's been you who have been assigned

Either "squad busts" or "squads bust".

"than" instead of "that".

"establish" instead of "establishes".

Comma not needed.

The fifth picture shows nine districts.

adidan likes this.
  3. gosh

gosh Minimodder

About time ! bought it when it was on sale and really do like it, but i'd agree it's a bit twee. Breaches are brilliant and I personally like the individual turns as you get to react to enemy more plus RNG doesn't give you quite the kicking when you are down compared to XCOM/2 (how many times have you quickloaded because of 1 turn when you've missed all your shots and enemy has landed all theirs on 1 agent ? at least now you can move them away/throw a heal or shield on them after they take a hit). Tone is a bit light, some of the background dialogue can be amusing but i especially hate the medics quips and the cutscenes/main story just isn't interesting (not completed yet). Main thing is it all feels very low-stakes - the plot, the dialogue, the art, the turn changes and the persistent characters that are very easy to stabilise make it very easy with no tension on normal mode. Usually finish most maps by melee'ing everything unconscious - it's absurd every time i down a faceless or berserker with a rifle butt.

I do like it, gladly would have paid the 'full' price but it's still a saturday morning cartoon version of xcom and really does have the feel of being a cheap testbed for new ideas. Looking forward to mods if someone can keep city map, turn order and breaches but give it more open levels and XCOM 2's soldiers.

As a side note, runs better on my ancient PC than i expected - probably better than XCOM 2 which had all sorts of stutters and bugs. Only thing i've noticed is actions where you select where you move to (mostly melee) you often can't choose a tile unless you cancel the action and select again.

4. zimano

zimano What's a Dremel?

Rick, learn to write!

>Article - third paragraph
    >...and it’s you’ve been assigned to investigate.

Should read: It's you that has been sentided to investigate.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Tags: Add Tags