1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Xbox 360 controller Q's

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by geoboy333, 17 Jan 2010.

1. geoboy333

geoboy333 Not always completely useless

Hi all

I was just wondering whether anyone had found a way to make a wireless controller work on a PC via Play and charge kit. i can plug mine in and it recognizes it as a xbox 360 controller via play and charge kit but i can't play games and i as wondering if anyone had a fix or driver?

thanks in advance

G

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

there's a wireless dongle that exists but it's still a pain to make the controller work... At least it was when I tried with my brother's PC that was running windows XP. I also haven't tried my corded controller with windows 7 yet so maybe things have changed

3. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

AFAIK, there's no data transferred down the Play and Charge kit. There's only a driver to ensure power draw down the USB cable. The wireless dongle would be a good bet, but by the time it's all set up, you'll probably have been better off buying wired third-party controllers.

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah I just run one wired and have a wireless controller when I need it on the big screen.. you could try like mav said- run both the wireless receiver and plug and charge, see what happens

5. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I've had the wireless reciever since it was released, never had a problem with it. Works fine under Vista and 7, all I had to do was plug it in and drivers were found and installed. Then it was simply a case of pairing the controller with the reciever, takes all of 30 seconds.