1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xbox and XBL

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by bushd, 27 Jul 2003.

1. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

Anyone here have an Xbox with XBL? What games, and what xbl gamertag and tag for particular game. Currently replaying Unreal Championship waiting for Knights of the Old Republic to return to Blockbuster so I can grab it. Unreal is all I typically play on XBL.

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Yeah, I'm totally hooked on XBLive, but right now I can only play the demos (Whacked!, MechAssult, MotoGP).

Gotta admit, Microsoft really impressed me with Live - what a service. :thumb:

If it's promises of Live support is true, Halo2 will really reign supreme. Not to mention Half-Life 2 and Doom3.

BTW, Knights of the Old Republic :rock: I've just restarted the game, choosing the Dark Side. This game has got me back into RPG's in a big way. Bring on Fable....

3. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

Rgr, Halo 2 will reign. Didn't know they had plans for HL^2 for Xbox, nor Doom 3. I am surprised Halo didn't have a G.O.T.Y. edition with XBL support, because I am sure it would sell.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Microsoft have made sure Doom3 and HL2 will come out on the Xbox, and I think they'll be a console exclusives :eeek:.

As far as I know, there were talks about a Halo update to support Live, but it was decided against as Halo2 will be out soon.
    The PC version of Halo will have online support though.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but I've heard Microsoft have bought quite a bit of Squaresoft, so it looks like we might be getting a FF game. Maybe Microsoft's last-ditch attempt at breaking the Japanese market?
    You've gotta love Microsoft's business tactics, need a company to do something for you? Buy it. :hehe:

Wonder how they'll handle EA, not having any of their games in the future will be a massive blow.

5. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

I never really took to sports games, so I don't care about EA. Honestly, if they don't want to use Live then goto Playstation 2 online gaming. I have a feeling PS2 online is a bit more restrictive for some reason.

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

didn't ea make Medal of honor or somin anyway

i've got my self a copy of Brute Force :rock: that game kicks arse all i need now is my X-box live starter pack / Xconnect :p

7. bushd

bushd What's a Dremel?

I don't care for things like the connection programs. I prefer Live! unless it is Halo.

Tags: