1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling XFX 6600gt's, LOUD fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 2shae, 28 May 2007.

1. 2shae

2shae What's a Dremel?

I have 2 XFX 6600gt's on SLI, These cards are EXTREMELY LOUD so much so that i can hear them even while i am vacuuming. It is getting extremely annoying at this stage and am looking for a quieter solution. I also have a AMD 3500+ which has a 1kg copper Heatsink with 1 fan(option of 2), their is also a case fan, Both these fans are loud but are being replaced with Akasa Ultra Quiet AK-182-L2B. There is also 2 fans that came with my case but these are fairly quiet.
    Please say someone has a different cooling solution to my graphics cards. there is no longer a warranty so i do not mind replacing the fans.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Zalman VF300 ( I think?) or prehaps you've got alot of dust in there..

Anyway, try getting some after-market cooling on there, or prehaps swap them out for something like an 8800 GTS 320Mb seeing as you'll be spending over £40 on two aftermarket coolers..

3. nazomcg

nazomcg Minimodder

I think what you are thinking of is the vf700 there Mankz, or the vf900, which would probably be overkill for the 6600.

4. 2shae

2shae What's a Dremel?

i like my cards, i dont want to change yet again as the only problem i have is the noise. will the zalman fit in between the 2 cards ? i have no problem with size on the bottom cooler, its the top one that i will have problems with

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yeah, 600 or 900, sorry, wasn't really concentrating :p

The take up at least one PCI slot, but it won't be more than two.

6. nazomcg

nazomcg Minimodder

They are definately dual slot coolers, and no doubt would profit from as much space as possible. However, i very much doubt you would have any problems as long you have at least one pci slot between the pci-e slots.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Or you could have an 80/120mm fan blowing onto/through the cards.

8. 2shae

2shae What's a Dremel?

9. nazomcg

nazomcg Minimodder

I think the vf900 woul be overkill, and the vf700 is actually quieter, at least with both on low speed mode. This is what I was thinking of: Newegg-Vf700

Tags: