Windows XP 64 TCP/IP webpage wierdness

Discussion in 'Software' started by xPaladin, 8 Sep 2006.

1. xPaladin

xPaladin What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

I'm "running" XP64. Wait, don't leave yet!

A strange occurance I regularly run into and find very annoying is that when I type in a web address, the webpage refuses to load. It shows "Looking up <web site URL>..." in the status bar, which typically means there's something wrong with the connection, but it's just fine. If I wait about 10 seconds and reload the page, it comes up almost instantly.

I'm running a cable modem from a P5N32-SLI Deluxe SE (yes, w/ core 2 ;)). The cables themselves going into the D-Link Wireless Gamerlounge router are good, and the cable modem itself hasn't ever had a problem. In fact, I haven't ever had to reset this thing other than for router firmware upgrades.

All that said, I'm 99% positive it's a problem with Windows XP 64 since I've never had a problem running XP SP2 on other machines using this router. Thing is, I'm not sure where to begin -- anyone have any ideas? They'd be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Reinstall your browser software.

Remember XP64 still is very buggy.

3. xPaladin

xPaladin What's a Dremel?

Yeah -- it happens with Firefox *and* IE though.

That said, I'll probably just downgrade the OS back to WinXP Home or something. I'm rather disappointed with how XP64 has worked out so far. =(

I sure hope vista can handle 32b emulation better than XP64 does, otherwise I'm not even going to bother buying it.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

64bit Vista is wonderful, I'd thoroughly recommend the upgrade to RC1.

Tags: